We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

60 day tourist visa on entry?

NC
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Topic
60 day tourist visa on entry?

Hey guys, wanting to double check about the visa issue.

Will be in Philippines for roughly 6 weeks. Can I get a 60 day visa at the airport when I arrive and if so how much will that cost?

Thanks

San Diego...
Level Contributor
78 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 60 day tourist visa on entry?

Which Country are you coming from?

NC
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 60 day tourist visa on entry?

I am American living in Korea the past year.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,664 posts
1,577 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 60 day tourist visa on entry?

tripadvisor.com.au/…49724345

NC
Level Contributor
136 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 60 day tourist visa on entry?

So from that I gathered I will need to go to the immigration office at the airport and ask for the 59 day visa which will cost roughly 3,000p.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,847 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 60 day tourist visa on entry?

The Bureau of Immigration has an office at all the international terminals in Manila. When you handover your passport to the immigration officer you should tell him/her immediately that you would want the 59-day visa so he/she can process your extension immediately.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,826 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 60 day tourist visa on entry?

If you arrive without a visa, you will get 30 day visa waiver. The only extension you can arrange at the airport is 29 days visa waiver extension. It is supposed to cost the equivalent of usd $50 but could cost anything from about P2200 to P3030. P3030 is the cost of the actual 29 day extension if you arrange it at an office of the bureau of immigration after arrival.

30 days plus 29 days is more than you will need.

You can not get a 60 day extension at the airport on arrival. For 2 reasons

- It involves an ACR-I card. ACR-I cards require 2 visits to the office of the Bureau of Immigration

- 60 day visa extensions are only available from the main Manila office. You can't even get them in major regional offices like Mandaue Cebu.

5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 60 day tourist visa on entry?

Hi.just wondering .I've applied for 59day visa.and am successful. I have a piece of paper stuck in my passport.issue date and date it expires ,But I'm wondering if the 59 days starts when it was issued or when I enter the country.???.. Thanks.

5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 60 day tourist visa on entry?

Hi.just wondering .I've applied for 59day visa.and am successful. I have a piece of paper stuck in my passport.issue date and date it expires ,But I'm wondering if the 59 days starts when it was issued or when I enter the country.???.. Thanks.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,262 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 60 day tourist visa on entry?

The visa in your passport expires when it says, use it before then. The 59 days ends after your arrival, 59 days later.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,826 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 60 day tourist visa on entry?

The visa in your passport is valid for 90 days from issue. Meaning you have 90 days to enter the Philippines otherwise you need a new visa.

Once you enter the Philippines, you will be allowed to stay for a maximum of 59 days.

The immigration officer will hand record your departure date in your passport