We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for 13 days, Nov18-30

Slovakia
4 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary for 13 days, Nov18-30

Community of nice people here I can see.

Would somebody recomend the places to visit? Based on the short period of 13 days I have only and the situation after Typhoon Haiyan (https:/…philippines)...

Just yesterday I started to read a guide, so am not prepared at all till now. Thinking about Luzon and may be Palawan? No more details :(

I visited Asia 4 x 1 month: 2xNepal, Thailand and Malaysia. I am vary active. And interested in snorcheling, meeting local people, fruits eating, sightseeing, hiking. Thanks, Daniel.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,027 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary for 13 days, Nov18-30

I suggest booking this wonderful hotel for your arrival in Manila (it's The Manila Hotel, although a 'mystery deal' with included buffet brekky for two - ask for a 12th or 16th floor non-smoking room facing Manila Bay):

book.asiatravel.com/hotel.aspx…

Next day, travel with either PALExpress (recommended) or Cebu Pacific by air to Dumaguete from Manila NAIA airport T3. Then look up the Coco Grove Beach resort site and find a ferry to Siquijor Island (the transfer from the airport to port at Dumaguete costs upwards of P150: ask to go via the 'back road' to avoid town traffic); the ferry takes 85 minutes or so.

Spend four days on Siquijor. Look up 'Siquijor attractions' on TA. Truly a magical island.

Then go back to Cebu City's port by fast ferry. Maybe stay overnight in Cebu City and visit Ayala Center shopping centre plus The Terraces attached multi storey dining area. Look at beautiful Sto. Nino Cathedral (bell tower damaged in the recent 'bohol' earthquake), San Pedro Fort, replica of Magellan's Cross and so on: see Cebu City attractions on TA. If minded, stay an extra night and go to Punta Engano wharf near Shangri-La Hotel on Mactan Island and hire a bangka (small boat) for P3000 or so for a day toyr to tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g667507-d122…

Then maybe catch a plane from Cebu's Mactan Island airport across to Bacolod, stay the night in an hotel such as the downtown Westown hotel (see www.asiatravel.com). Next morning catch a Ceres Liner bus for the slow but scenic five hour trip to Punta Ballo or Sugar Beach, Sipalay: lovely beaches and not huge numbers of tourists - the 'real Philippines.' You can visit Danjugan Island: the management of Punta Balata resort have contacts:

http://puntabulata.com/

Stay in Sipalay for four or five days to relax.

You could then get a suite on the excellent 2 Go Travel ferry back to Manila for a change from flying:

http://travel.2go.com.ph/

Note that bookings for many sailings only open a few weeks before.

Then spend some time in Metro Manila and if minded, visit Tagaytay and even Taal Volcano for the day. You can catch a bus to Tagaytay, which is an 'hill town' that is usually far cooler than Manila.

Edited: 15 November 2013, 22:27
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,737 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary for 13 days, Nov18-30

Daniel_blueberry great place to start is by reading the many FAQs listed to the right.

---->---->---->---->---->

Lists many great places to visit.

**25 Emerging Philippine Tourism Hot Spots!**

**The BEST Islands, Beaches and Resorts!**

My favourites so far which may differ from others includes Siquijor, Bohol, Boracay, and El Nido.

Tommo

Slovakia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary for 13 days, Nov18-30

Victorianlad, I thought Cebu is not easy to travel, transit or stay these days after Typhoon Haiyan. Anyway, this itinerary looks quite heavy for 13 days, but I will consider the spots. Thank you!

Slovakia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary for 13 days, Nov18-30

Tommo, I will read some of them if I have time.

El Nido looks fine, I need to find out the airlines schedule and prices, would fly to P. Princesa (?) the day after landing to Manila, that means on We morning, if possible. Thank you for your advices!

Slovakia
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary for 13 days, Nov18-30

Guys, how about Luzon island? In order not to spend so much time on the to/from transfers, at the airports and in the planes, I thought Luzon would be fine. What would you think about some route around the island?

6. Re: Itinerary for 13 days, Nov18-30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 06:20