We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philippines in June- rainy days?

Kamloops
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Philippines in June- rainy days?

My dad and I are planning to travel to the Philippines this coming year, however, because I'm in university, the only time we can come is for the last three weeks of June.

He's a little concerned about the rainy season. Although I'm not worried about weather, he's never been able to travel to another continent before and really wants to know that he can have a good time and not be drowning in rain every day. I've heard that Manila and the North have more rain, but how is the rest of the country throughout June? Of course weather can't be predicted, but I just need to confirm that it's not the kind of thing where it rains all day every day for the whole month, typically. I was in Mexico for hurricane/rainy season and we would get huge downpours for like an hour a day, with the rest of the day being sunny. Is it often similar in the Philippines?

We haven't yet made up an itinerary so everything is flexible as to where we go. I'm sorry if this forum gets this question a lot, I had a hard time with the search function!

Thank you :)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,804 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philippines in June- rainy days?

I was in Mexico for hurricane/rainy season and we would get huge downpours for like an hour a day, with the rest of the day being sunny. Is it often similar in the Philippines?

--------------------------------------------

It is in the Visayas which is central Philippines.

June is a change over month, leading into the so called wet season.

You may get no rain at all no matter where you travel or it could pour down rain for days on end.

However, especially in the central Philippines. The standard weather pattern is rain for a short time each day and fine for the rest.

2. Re: Philippines in June- rainy days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 November 2014, 05:16