We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Boracay now

Dublin
Level Contributor
86 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
In Boracay now

If anyone is worried how it is over here don't worry it's amazing. Arrived last night and the only worry I have is 2 eggs or an omelette right now at breakfast and what seat to put my towl on so the germans dont beat me. The place is beautiful and hit a few bars last night and an resturant.

Don't cancel plans by the news as you wouldn't know anything happened here.

Wifi is hard to find and phones don't work which suits me to he ground as it means I can't check Facebook to see if i have any likes on my bad pictures, email so nobody can annoy my head from work and phone so my mum can't ask if I have enough sunscreen on ( I'm 36 by the way).

The electricity pops off every so often in the hotel so if that is going to wreck your hols stay at home and watch reality tv and moan how bad the weather is.

If you haven't booked do it. I have travelled the world And love it here. It ticks all my boxes but that's just me.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In Boracay now

Hi Kwai!

Thanks for letting us know about how it is there.

I heard that a lot of cancellations are taking place. I wish people would make informed decisions but

hey, that's just me. ;)

Enjoy the rest of your stay and isn't life wonderful without Facebook, Twitter and such? Haha.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,626 posts
1,675 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In Boracay now

Less people for when I am there ;-)

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In Boracay now

How does Boracay compare to the other beach destinations you've been to? It seems you have been to a lot.

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,430 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In Boracay now

Great to hear some positive news from someone on the ground in Boracay. I'm just glad things weren't as bad as I could've imagined. Thanks for sharing and have a great time!