We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insurance question.

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Insurance question.

Aside from the insurance premium usually included in the fare, Are there also separate premium that covers accident and hospitalization while abroad? Does this rates varies depending which country one is going? This can be considered as a general question which covers not only Philippine travels. Sorry if i got the wrong forum to ask this question, TIA

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
4,130 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insurance question.

I assume you are referring to airfares. As a rule these do not include any insurance apart sometimes for delay . All other insurance has to be arranged by you. Different countries have different policies so a policy bought in ther Philippines would have its own conditions and one in the UK for example another.

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,579 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insurance question.

If traveling abroad, you should always have Travel Insurance to cover all eventualities such as medical emergency treatment, repatriations, loss of luggage etc.

This can be bought from your travel agent or any insurance broker.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,668 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Insurance question.

You may want to look at this for the coverage and how much you should pay depending on the duration of your travel anywhere in the world --> www.bluecross.com.ph/index.php?id=travel

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
115 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Insurance question.

Thanks a lot everyone have a nice day.

Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Insurance question.

Airlines provide insurance policies for limited coverage. I used to had none, entirely depending on the airline's insurance policy. But after an travel incident, I decided to get a travel insurance from mapfre. It covers a lot of things and I don't have to worry about absolutely anything. So my advise is to get both :)

6. Re: Insurance question.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:16