We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banaue Affected by Typhoon

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
612 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Banaue Affected by Typhoon

Was the Banaue area affected by the typhoon? And is the bus route to get there still accessible? Our trip isn't until March, so I imagine things might be better by then. Thank you!

Asia
Level Contributor
663 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banaue Affected by Typhoon

Luzon wasn't affected at all as mentioned in various threads. March is the perfect time to travel. No need to worry at all.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
612 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banaue Affected by Typhoon

Great to hear, thanks for the update Q-Cuppster!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banaue Affected by Typhoon

@ Travel

Banaue was not affected by the recent typhoon (Yolanda)

The buses and roads are exactly the same - one (max 2) buses per day.

Roads - okayish in condition.

Buses - lousy (unless you take the Ohayami trans bus running from Manila which is better than the rackety provincial ones we have that run from Baguio)

Also, the best source of info for you is the very resort / guest house you plan to stay in, as locals (I mean residents of Banaue - even my knowledge tends to be out of date sometimes, and I have to check it with other residents even though I live most of the year in Baguio) are the best source of info in Banaue. A lot that happens in Banaue (including bus arrangements) are very informal / unwritten.

Luzon, Philippines
Level Contributor
51 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banaue Affected by Typhoon

Banawe is not hit at all. Banawe is in the northern part of Luzon which is way too far from Visayas. Enjoy your vacation!

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banaue Affected by Typhoon

You have nothing to worry about sir, I went there on a tour and it still looks and feels amazing :)

I wish you a nice trip!

Pat

6. Re: Banaue Affected by Typhoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2014, 06:18