We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar ceases Darwin-Manila-Tokyo flights: 31 March 2014

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,780 posts
1,978 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar ceases Darwin-Manila-Tokyo flights: 31 March 2014

Philippine Airlines, which flies from Manila to Darwin and Brisbane using an Airbus A320 three nights a week, returning from Brisbane and Darwin as a daytime flight, may be pleased that Jetstar is ceasing its four 'small hours' super early morning flights from Darwin - Manila - Tokyo.

The cancellation occurs from 31 March 2014:

theage.com.au/business/aviation/jetstar-to-c…

jetstar.com/mediacentre/…

Of course, if one uses Jetstar from Australia (I am not a fan and refuse to give it my patronage), it will still fly from Oz to Singapore and then to Manila.

Jetstar ex or to Darwin was only a small contributor to Filipino tourism arrivals although it is true that every reduction of flights hurts, because some passengers may go elsewhere such as to Bali, Indonesia even though many of us believe that Philippines has far more to offer.

I am told that most PAL passengers are headed on the combined flight to Brisbane, not to Darwin. However Jetstar's withdrawal may fill a few of the empty seats between Manila and Darwin on quieter days.

These sorts of cancellations must make many prospective Qantas flyers nervous. (Qantas owns Jetstar). Qantas' costs are sky high and it's starting to bleed bucketloads of cash.

Edited: 09 December 2013, 04:40
1. Re: Jetstar ceases Darwin-Manila-Tokyo flights: 31 March 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2014, 06:18