We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palawan to Boracay

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Palawan to Boracay

Dear all,

I'm travelling on my own to the Philippines for the first time in less than a week and haven't planned much really :(

I'm getting to Manila on the 20th of December at around 10pm, I was planning to stay only the first night and on the 21st fly to Puerto Princesa, my ideas was to go all the way north of Palawan to El Nido and Coron.

On the 30th of December I need to be in Boracay meeting a friend there and I wanted to know if there is a way to get from Palawan to Boracay, via Mindoro, Panay or any other islands by boat.

Best

Domenico

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,540 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palawan to Boracay

I am not familiar with inter-island travel between Palawan and Panay but I know there is one. I am very sure that there are direct flights between Puerto Princesa and Iloilo City via Cebu Pacific Air and PAL Express.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palawan to Boracay

I hope this is still relevant.

lonelyplanet.com/philippines/palawan/transpo…

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palawan to Boracay

Thanks all for your feedback, I now have a better idea on how to move around

Luzon, Philippines
Level Contributor
51 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palawan to Boracay

fly back to manila first and then fly straight to Kalibo...

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,894 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palawan to Boracay

I second Ace's suggestion. It is the quickest (if there is such a thing when El Nido is concerned!)

As for ferries, there are very few such ferries (El Nido is not well connected as far as ferries are concerned), plus DO expect buses and ferries to be crowded (It is New Year!). Many websites shown in the Lonely planet do not work.

You may find this earlier TA post helpful -

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294260-i6038-k556…

6. Re: Palawan to Boracay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2014, 05:17