We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wish list for next TA philippines meet

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
554 reviews
Save Topic
wish list for next TA philippines meet

I enjoyed the latest meet at people's palace. Though it is still quite early to think about the next TA meet, i was wondering what TA members prefer for the next meet. these are my (food) wish list.

1. The ever favorite whole lechon from the visayas

2. Swahe, which is live shrimp blanched/boiled in broth like those in chinese restos

3. Shrimp, bangus, and tilapia kinilaw with gata (coco milk)

4. Charcoal grilled bangus and tilapia, with some wood chips for that smokey flavor

5. Steamed pampano in soy, similar to the traditional lapulapu in soy in chinese restos but using a different fish

6. Bbq native chicken

Other non food preference like what to do, what to see, what to hear, are all welcome.

Edited: 21 December 2013, 14:42
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,846 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: wish list for next TA philippines meet

I was in the last TA meet but I went off after the pre-dinner drinks. The ones who attended the 2012 TA meet already know whether I am a boy or gir, fat or thin... hehehe.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,664 posts
1,577 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: wish list for next TA philippines meet

......pogi or maganda hehe!

Tommo

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: wish list for next TA philippines meet

YLOO,

....I have played Baguio Country Club and Camp John Hay many times over. The FIL-AM Golf Tournament is played there annually from last week of November and first week of December. I've attended the event the last six years but gave it a pass last year ( didn't want to miss the TA meet - Nov 30th).

...I've lived in Baguio and attended my last year of high school at St Louis before moving to good ol'USA!

....we still own a house in Naguilian Road, small world, isn't it?

Papalo

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,665 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: wish list for next TA philippines meet

@ Papalo

really? wow - yes, it truly is a small world. It would be nice to see some photos of Baguio when you were there - must have been quiet different... of was it?

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,410 posts
427 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: wish list for next TA philippines meet

As YLOO and S2S mentioned, holding it in Silay would be nice...that's my hometown hehe :-) I'm also open to Cebu since it's also been a while.

36. Re: wish list for next TA philippines meet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 07:18