We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boracay???

Wirral
Level Contributor
755 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Boracay???

Hi Guy`s,

My wife and I are looking for a holiday destination for 2015, we are doing Vietnam/Cambodia in 6 weeks, but I feel the need to start planning our next main holiday. I have always fancied the Philippines, and after a little research have come across Boracay, which sounds perfect for us, as we like to relax during the day, and go out and have a meal and drinks of a night, we do like a bit of nightlife, we are young at heart mid forties. We would like to stay in a nice mid-range hotel, as close as possible to the beach, a pool at the hotel would be nice. From the little I know, I think Station 1/2 would be our cup of tea Any advice on hotels would be great. Also how long does it take to get to Boracay from Manila ? and what is the best method of transport ? Is Manila worth spending a night or two at en-route ? And finally what sort of flight prices can I expect to pay from the UK to Manila? We mostly do D.I.Y holidays.

I realise I am asking a lot of questions, and would really appreciate any info you knowledgeable lot can give. BTW we will be looking to travel Jan/Feb 2015 I assume this is a decent time of year to visit. Many thanks in advance for your time and input.

Regards

bb.

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boracay???

You can search for hotels above and read the many reviews to see what hotel suits you best for location, facilities and budget.

Traveling from Manila to Boracay by air is less than an hour and if you fly to Caticlan, you just have a transfer by tricycle and banka (boat). If you fly to Kalibo then you also have a 90 minute road journey to Caticlan.

There is a ferry available from Manila called the RORO (Roll on Roll Off) but its unlikely to appeal to you. It is cheaper than flying but you may not appreciate the bus journeys also involved.

Personally, l think that a couple of days in Manila at the start of the holiday is invaluable to help you get over jet lag. If you are interested in History or Filipino Culture then there is plenty of it. There are many good hotels in Ermita and Malate and also restaurants which are near to the historic sites.

Makati also has good hotels and the greenbelt area is excellent for restaurants but there is no history and it can take well over an hour in a taxi to get to Intramuros, Rizal Park etc.

We are not travel agents and so a search will find flights for you.

Wirral
Level Contributor
755 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boracay???

Thank you so much for your response FSRPO1, I was thinking a couple of days in Manila would be good to shake off the jet lag. I think flying from Manila would be our preferable mode of transport with the short flight times. The reason I enquired about the cost of flights from the UK was just to get a feel for prices as schedule flights for the beginning of 2015 wont be on sale for a couple of months.

Once again thank you for taking time out to respond.

Regards

bb

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,071 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boracay???

Philippine Airlines has direct flights from London to Manila. When I once searched for cheap flights from Manila to London I found out that Royal Brunei, Malaysia Airlines and Etihad offer cheaper options than other airlines. You may subscribes with those airlines' newsletters so they will email you if there are seat promotions.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boracay???

this has been discussed at length, I also suggest you research past threads that are wealthy with info.

5. Re: Boracay???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:16