We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Happy New Year All!

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Happy New Year All!

Six more hours before we hit 2014 head on and a great new travel year. I am hoping to find and read about more out of the way places in the Philippines that are off the beaten path. What are you looking for as a traveler? Have a great new year.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Happy New Year All!

I am actually very happy that unlike the past 2 years, there are no typhoons in Mindanao for the month of December.

I can still remember vividly the sight of fallen banana trees that really upset me.

Let's hope all of us will have a better year in 2014.

Happy New Year!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,065 posts
2,067 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Happy New Year All!

I am looking for more travellers from many nations to discover the beauty of Philippines, including its people, white sand beaches and scenery, not to mention the shopping, the dining and best of all for me, the snorkelling (I am not a diver). Visiting creates sustainable jobs for Filipinos.

Only a small minority of Philippines was affected by the recent strong typhoon. Areas like Coron in Palawan and Malapascua and Bantayan Islands are already bouncing back.

Mount Kenya...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Happy New Year All!

@leftovertoo Happy healthy wealthy new year....

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Happy New Year All!

Happy new year to all!

I am very happy that the past days, I have met a lot of first time visitors to the Philippines and love it!

Very happy with these kind of travellers...

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,534 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Happy New Year All!

Happy new year to all and l hope for prosperity, success and happiness to everyone.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,041 posts
1,841 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Happy New Year All!

Best wishes to all for the New Year. It's been a great year on the forum and let's keep up the great work.

It unfortunately has also been a sad year for many with typhoons and earthquakes causing devastation but it's great seeing other countries offer assistance.

Speak to you all next year ;-)

About to do something different and celebrate the New Year with some SML's in Makati.

Tommo

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Happy New Year All!

Happy New Year Philippines!

See you in 3 days!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Happy New Year All!

I hope and pray for a lot more first time visitors to the Phil's for 2014...onwards to 10 million tourists annually...I personally know 6 first time visitors to the Phil's who came in 2013. One we'll travelled friend of mine went on to visit Thailand,Vietnam but told me that her trip to Batad as her all time favorite thing she did...

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,071 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Happy New Year All!

Happy New Year to everyone! I hope that all of us would have many enjoyable travels in 2014 and beyond.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,456 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Happy New Year All!

Makati's skys were full of fireworks from the high rise I was at, counted at least 5 displays. Of course some were further away than Makati. Some lasted longer than expected.

Tommo, did you make it to the Ayala Triangle party?

Sadly to say, Rain really spoiled the fireworks on Boracay, as reported by hubby. He will be here today and promised me a grand finale. :-)

Edited: 01 January 2014, 05:48