We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are flying to Cebu via HK in February. We have ten nights in the Philippines and have never been before.

We're in our 30's and are looking for a holiday with lots of relaxing on beautiful (not too crowded) beaches, a bit of snorkelling /boat trips / island hopping round some quiet beaches/coves, nice places to stay and a chilled stuff to do in the evenings - beach bars etc.

What would you recommend?

We're currently planning on sticking around the islands near Cebu so we can have lots of relaxation time, in previous holidays we've spend alot of time in transit on day long bus rides etc getting from place to place so are keen to minimise this.

What are currently the most beautiful beaches/islnds around this area and places not to miss?

We're thinking Bohol (Anda or Alona beach), siquijor & another?

Could we also fit in Malapascua and Bantayan, which would you recommend?

Or could / should we finish tin Boracay then to Manilla then HK there (poss stay at Fridays?)?

Also is there much rain in these islands at this time of year (second half of Feb)?

Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

I would suggest one of the recommendations.

1. Bohol + Siquijor + Apo

2. Malapascua + Bohol

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,067 posts
1,845 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

Ive just posted a JBR on Camotes Island which is only 2 hrs from Cebu by ferry.

Ive been to Bohol and Siquijor and they are both great places also.

Tommo

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

Also would you recommend going to Anda on Bohol or Alona Beach, Panglao Island? What's the difference between the beaches / nightlife? Are there any beach bars at Anda?

Thanks again!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

Alona is like a mini Boracay and Anda is a lot more quiet than Alona.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,064 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

@ Kashton

Bohol - Alona beach sounds perfect for what you are looking for

- a nice beach to relax on, resorts just by the beach, the coast is shallow enough to lounge int he water (in the company of a few sea weeds - they feel nice after a while and no, they do not harm the body!), nice bars by the beach and restaurants, excellent snorkeling - esp. in balicasag island (make a day trip there)

I would also suggest staying for a day or 2 in Balicasag island - it is jsut 30-45 minutes by boat from Alona beach, beautiful resort, isolated, great for relaxing. Often, you wil lbe the ONLY PERSON on the beach!! Esp. in the morning and evening. Only sound? Of waves and the " shingggg" sound of water rolling on coral sand. Zero noight life / bars (except for the one of the only resort on the island). do note that the beach sand is coral ...rough...not smooth like Alona beach)

If you walk in the morning through the village in Balicasag island, you can see fishermen returning during sunrise with their catch.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,073 posts
2,067 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

All the above suggestions are excellent. I have not been to Anda, but of the ones I have visited, Siquijor is my favourite.

Whatever you do, ensure that you have a minimum of four days i each destination. Travelling between holiday locations can take a day or the best part of it: that's the islands' lifestyle, but partly attributable to how Philippines is not one contiguous land mass.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
22 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

There are several island hopping companies in Cebu, just across in Mactan island. We used http://cebuislandbuffet.com/ and saw 3 different islands. We swam and snorkeled at all 3. They feed you also. But there are other companies. I believe this one requires at least 8 people.

Have fun!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,067 posts
1,845 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

A company Ive used for island hopping in Cebu is Island Banca Cruises. A comfortable way to island hop bean bags toilet etc.

http://www.islandsbanca.com/

But the island hopping and snorkeling in Cebu pales into insignificance compared to El Nido, Coron and Balicasag island Bohol.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

El Nido and Coron island hopping still rocks!

10. Re: Cebu - Islands - 10 days - Beaches,Relaxing and Beach Bars ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:18