We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rockwell or eastgate

Bellevue, Washington
Level Contributor
11 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
rockwell or eastgate

Hello everyone, I am looking to stay in a different area for a change when I come to Philippines. Was thinking about Rockwell or eastgate. Can anyone tell me about these two places ? Are they safe for tourist? I want to be near places where you can do things, shop, eat our just hangout but,I don't want the place m staying in the heart of it. If you have any suggestions about places other than those two areas please suggest. Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,430 posts
1,560 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rockwell or eastgate

Rockwell is basically Makati so its a great safe area.Powerplant Rockwell is a nice smaller Shopping Centre with great dining options. Try Wooden Spoon and Wild Ginger if you stay in the area.

Tommo

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rockwell or eastgate

Eastgate is also safe and also has some good eating places but is remote from other centres of entertainment.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rockwell or eastgate

rockwell is more accessible, and has a very nice shopping mall. i'm actually here right now in a coffee shop. cheers. :)

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rockwell or eastgate

Rockwell. Powerplant is my favorite mall.

Then Greenbelt and Glorietta. So all closer and accessible fr Rockwell.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,208 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rockwell or eastgate

Rockwell, hands down. The rustans there has some nice deli choices. Great movie theater. Walking distance to P. Burgos night life area, best midget wrestling and woman boxing in the country near there

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,430 posts
1,560 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rockwell or eastgate

Exactly what Im looking for LO2.

Im not sure why I like Greenbelt so much.....It just doesnt offer the same! ;-)

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,208 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rockwell or eastgate

I love greenbelt and if you stick around to 2 or 3am, you can see woman boxing also...ahh, I think they were gals :-)

8. Re: rockwell or eastgate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2015, 05:18