We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute suggestions

Zhuhai, China
Level Contributor
7 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute suggestions

Tommo, I am going to visit the Philippines next week for the first time. I have been doing a lot of reading and research for my visit. I see you on so many post. Thanks for all your tips and advice. I don’t have any hotels pre-booked. I just like to kind of make my plans as I go. Depending on who I meet and how I feel. I want to stay for about three weeks and check out a few different islands. I really don’t want to be where there is a lot of tourist and perfer to see the real Philippines. I like historical places, caves and beaches. I travel with a backpack and on a budget. Any last minute nuggets of information? Thanks again for your insights your knowledge is a wealth of information to travelers. BTW, I will be starting out in Manila. Travel well, my friend.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute suggestions

historical places - Silay, Vigan, Intramuros

Caves - Samar

Beaches - Boracay, Malapascua, Alona etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,362 posts
1,659 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute suggestions

Good suggestions from MH. Add Camotes, Pagudpud, Siquijor, Bantayan for beaches.

Dont forget to read Top Questions to the right which lists more options.

Tommo

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute suggestions

I second MH and Tommo's suggestions

Just a note on the history part - history in Philippines is rather recent - most structures in these places go back to a maximum of just 150 years, with very few going to a maximum of 400 years.

There is also an island called Corregidor, near Manila which I recommend if you are a WW2 buff.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298573-d3…

4. Re: Last minute suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 05:18