We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Real Milk

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Real Milk

Hi Is it True you cant get real Milk in the Philippines only powdered or UHT Longlife.Do you know anywhere where I can buy tinned Beetroot and Passionfruit.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,738 posts
1,724 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Real Milk

Mousehunt may be able to answer this question for you. I can only tell you where to get SML ;-)

Tommo

Mandaluyong...
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,519 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Real Milk

Fresh milk is rare but can be found in large supermarkets. Tinned beetroot no chance. Passion Fruit juice is available.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Real Milk

Wahahahah!!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,738 posts
1,724 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Real Milk

MH Curtis and you should catch up hehe!

Tommo

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,567 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Real Milk

You have put this in the whole Philippines forum. Which of the 7107 islands of the Philippines will you be spending most of your time?

Since I can't drink milk i don;t know where to buy it. But I do know from others that real milk is available. Try googling.

By the way, don't be fooled by the name Freshmilk on green cartons. It is just a brand name for UHT milk.

I have seen beetroot in tins in multiple supermarkets. I have never seen passionfruit but I have never tried looking for it. I am confident I have seen real passionfruit at the Carbon Markets in Cebu City where you find a huge amount of fresh produce fruit and vegetables.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,028 posts
2,061 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Real Milk

When I last priced fresh milk, it was about three and a half times the price per litre of my (second best in the world after New Zealand) major dairying state of Victoria, Australia.

The larger the supermarket, the more chance of it being available.

Yoghurt is however much more widely available, but the latter has a longer shelf life.

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,659 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Real Milk

Real milk is definitely available. On Luzon island the dairy is called Karlens and costs around 80 peso for 1 litre and it's excellent milk. I am pretty sure other parts of the Philippines have a similar thing, as Jim says, if you tell us where you will be someone will be able to direct you further.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Real Milk

Thanks everyone for your help ,I will keep it in mind next time I travel to the Philippines,I will pack some tins of Beetroot just incase .Someone said that there is a guy from Sweden with a shop in the Greenbelt area that has imported western goods.I had a quick look in the Giant Supermarket in the Mall of Asia,wow what a place to get lost in,they have just about everything there ,a huge western food section ,cheap clothes and food stalls.Whats up with Mousehunt no cheese?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
23,738 posts
1,724 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Real Milk

Curtis...Most people when they go to a bar they drink beer. But MH loves to drink milk. Guess you make a valid point you cant buy cheese in a bar.lol.

Tommo

Bacolod, Philippines
Level Contributor
197 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Real Milk

What do you mean by "real" milk?

milk is milk