We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Philippines

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in Philippines

Hi everyone! This is probably a tired topic however I'd love some suggestions for a 4 or 5 day itinerary in the Philippines. I have spoken to people and looked online however I still haven't found my answers.

My boyfriend and I are planning to visit in October. We do love the beach but are not crazy about it. We are not planning to do water activities like diving. We are more interested in seeing culture and natural landscapes like the chocolate hills, rice terraces, underground river, hundred islands and so on. We love exploring, hiking, adventures and of course eating!

I'm aware that the places mentioned above are all scattered so I'd appreciate any advise of where we can go. Also keeping in mind we don't have a big budget to splurge so not too keen to be flying around very much.

Thanks for all your help!

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,083 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Philippines

That's barely enough time for 1 of those places. So just choose 1 among those you mentioned.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Philippines

Thanks Justin, I understand it's a short time which is why I'm asking for an itinerary recommendation to make the most of our time there based on our interests... :)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 days in Philippines

You can fill 4 days on Bohol.

Fly into Manila, then fly to Tagbilaran Bohol.

Or fly into Cebu then boat to Tagbilaran Bohol.

If money is really tight, you can stay at Hope Homes

hopehomes-danao.com/index.php/en/rooms-and-r…

Rent a motorbike for P750 per night, and they will throw in a room for free. the room is very basic though. It has a double bed and a fan for cooling plus a private bathroom with cold water shower. No TV. No aircon. No fridge.

With your own motorbike, you can explore at your leisure.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,073 posts
1,845 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 days in Philippines

I agree Bohol is a great option for the short stay. You have beaches, sightseeing and culture. Alona Beach is the more touristy beach whereas Anda Beach is more secluded.

Bohol Travel Buddy can organise your tours and airport pick up and drop offs.

Highly recommend Island Hopping to Balicasag where the snorkeling and diving is fantastic.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 days in Philippines

Bohol will be the place else it will be Boracay.

In Panglao, visit Damaluan beach as I felt that it is a nicer beach than Alona.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,768 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 days in Philippines

Yup, I agree, Bohol would be the best option for that length of time. Plenty to do and see. Island hopping, dolphin watching, waterfalls, caves, tarsier sanctuary, Chocolate Hills, man made forest, river cruise etc.

You could even do a tour of Cebu before you arrive in Bohol, if you're interested in Philippine history. It's the oldest city in the country.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 days in Philippines

Thanks for all the advice! Bohol it is :) Can't wait!

8. Re: 4 days in Philippines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 February 2015, 06:19