We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

Hi! I am off to the philippines on 20 November for 3 weeks and am looking for advice on what is a sensible amount to see in the time I am there! Interested in sites and a bit of night life and nice beachs would also like to swim with sharks if possible!!. Just would like to see what peoples opinions are on what to do cheers!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,761 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

For Nightlife- Boracay, Manila and Cebu

Whalesharks-Donsol

Tommo

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

Tommo! Cheers for that info! how bout sites like chocolate hills, Subterranean River National Park, rice terraces etc? Has anyone got a suggested itinerary for the 3 weeks stay? Thanks for your time

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,761 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

We dont set up itineraries. You really need to do some research yourself based on your interests and perhaps post a sample itinerary here for advice.

Members here are volunteers and dont get paid.

Another place to consider for Whalesharks is Padre Burgos Southern Leyte. You can also go to Oslob but they are "domesticated" Whale Sharks. In the other 2 places you will see them in their natural state.

Tommo

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

Tommo I understand people are volunteers on here just askin for advice that's all based on peoples travel experiences.... Thanks for your time

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,968 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

For one of the weeks perhaps do Cebu, Bohol & Oslob which would cover nightlife, whale sharks, Chocolate Hills and beaches. All these places are fairly close to each other so it would make sense logistically.

Another of the weeks you could spend 4 days in Boracay for more nightlife and beaches and 3 days in Banaue.

Lastly, a week in Palawan to see the Underground River and perhaps the beautiful El Nido?

Would require a fair bit of traveling but apart from the bus journeys to El Nido and Banaue, it wouldn't be too bad.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,761 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

Reasonable suggestions by Dubson except I would rather watch the Whalesharks in either Padre Burgos or Donsol to see them in their nature state rather than a manufactured environment.

Time is also a problem as I would recommend at least 5 days in Boracay, Bohol and El Nido.

Tommo

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

Thank you for both of the recommendations they r both very helpful! I appreciate that! Thanks for your time

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

@ Bulls

I would suggest you spend the 3 weeks in / around Cebu island - spend a few days at Cebu city, spend 2 nights at Nalusuan island, make your way to Bohol and spend some a few days on Alona beach and Balicasag island, then return to Cebu and visit Oslob to see the whale sharks.

Thence make your way to the north by bus and spend a few days at Malapascua island - exceptionally long and beautiful beach and resorts by the sea.

Bohol has more sights, Malapascua has better beaches

Balicasag has an amazing amount of ' life a few centuries ago" vibe + is very peaceful as there is jsut 1 resort and a fishing village. Very peaceful.

The underground river and rice terraces are at 2 corners of the country - getting to both takes time from Manila. If I had to add one of these 2 to the above itin, I would add rice terraces - just take a budget flight from Cebu to Manila, and a bus from Manila to Banaue (which is where the rice terraces are) - a few resorts there have a view of the rice terraces from the resort itself.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

Start with Banaue for 5 days and then Cebu.

Do the loop tour of Dumaguete, Siquijor, Bohol, Panglao, Cebu and then back to Manila.

Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What to do in 3 weeks in the philippines late November

Thanks for 2 more replys I am very grateful for your help! Mousehunt, is it not possible to go to Puerto Princesa for a while and see the underground river? Or would it be to much of a rush? Thanks for your time