We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

Valenzuela...
5 posts
Save Topic
Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

Hello guys! This is my first time to ask some advice here. Me and my girlfriend plans to have a vacation together this summer (maybe 3rd or 4th week of April). We want to spend our time on a beach for an overnight stay. We only have a tight budget of 8k php budget for the two of us, What is your recommended beach resort?

In an advance thank you for your answers!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,796 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

Are you only looking for an overnight stay? If so by the time you get there you will already be coming back.

Are you looking at a Manila local destination or are you prepared to fly?

Tommo

Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

Since you're located north of the metro, you can try resorts in Subic/Olongapo i.e. Blue Rock or Arizona. Rooms are reasonably priced and should leave you enough for transportation and food.

http://www.bluerocksubic.com/room-rates/#

http://www.arizonasubic.com/rooms-and-rates/

Edited: 10 March 2014, 08:03
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,796 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

Better beach options are only an hours flight away... but Puerto Galera is one of the better local options. This guide on PG on a budget may suit you. White Beach is a nice place to stay for a couple.

wheninmanila.com/enjoy-puerto-galera-on-a-bu…

Also if you go the Metro Manila Forum on the right hand side you will find the following Top Questions which may assist you for further ideas:

***Day Trips from Metro Manila!***

-15 Great Destinations Near Manila!

-Top 15 Summer destinations near Metro Manila!

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,668 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

For Php8,000 for two you can try Hundred Islands in the province of Pangasinan including island hopping for the whole day which costs about Php1,200 for a boat charter. Is it only for overnight? I suggest you make it at least 2 nights. As the name suggests you have more than 100 islands to choose from.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

How about Baler?

Is it good enough for them?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,668 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

Baler is excellent if you want to surf and you don't require a white sand beach. It is not worthwhile just to have 2 days if you want to go to Baler because of the travel time alone.

Valenzuela...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

Wow! Thank you guys for your answers! It really helps me. Gotta ask my girlfriend where she wanted to go. GOD BLESS EVERYONE! :)

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,171 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

@ Mood

A popular sojourn for Manila dwellers is Subic (SBMA) - however, you need to be careful here since (a) there are many nightly activities that occur in the vicinity which everyone may not be comfortable with (b) The beach is - to be polite - crappy ! It is clean, but the kind of beach you will find in about 2000 other islands of Philippines, and not as good as the beaches found in the remaining 5107 islands.

Many peopel isntead make a getaway to Puerto gallera - which has far nicer beaches, is more family friendly, but is furtehr off and takes longer to reach

The advantage of Subic (SBMA) is that it takes just 4 hours direct air con bus from Manila. to reach PG, you must take a bus to Batangas port (2 hours) and then take a boat to PG (2 hours) - there are hardly 5 boats per day and timings are restrictive.

Metro Manila...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

HI Tommo, thanks for this Mate! your an Aussie right?

Cheers,

HannaH

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
24,796 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget-Friendly beach near Metro Manila

Yep sure am ;)

Tommo