We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

London
Level Contributor
38 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

We will be flying with them for quite a few times really and we are worried our rucksacks are more than 7kg's each, do they normally weight them?

I remember there's a limit of 5kg on Caticlan flights and we'll deal with that by getting a checked in luggage, otherwise we would really prefer to keep everything in the plane with us to avoid any inconveniences.

Thanks!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,630 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

If your luggage looks like it is more than 7kg, expect it to be weighed.

london
Level Contributor
932 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

Yes the staff on Cebu Pacific asked to see my cabin baggage. Their flights are very reasonably priced and its irritating to see people arguing with check in staff and packing and unpacking bags to get around the rules holding up a queue that stretches out the door.......but I am sure that being a TA user you are beautifully mannered and would not dream of doing this.

Have a great trip

Pomeroy, Washington
Level Contributor
385 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

Neither my wife or I have ever been asked on Cebu Pacific. But...we never look like we are packing bricks or rocks. I'm talking "normal" sized carry-on suitcases that most airlines take without a second glance.

Edited: 23 March 2014, 18:28
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,418 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

Several times our luggage has been weighed. Especially so if the hand carry is of a large size.

Tommo

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

Yes. for me, every time.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

This really depends on the airline.

If you got the "look", then they may weigh you.

Canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

My husband and I flew abut 7 CP flights while in the Philippines and we both had a 25L backpack on our backs FULL while checking in and they were never once weighed (including a flight to and from Caticlan)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,418 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

Its the luck of the draw.

If its over 7 kgs expect the consequences which may result in the excess to be offloaded.

I always weigh my handcarry at the hotel prior to my flight to ensure Im within limits.

Tommo

nr manchester...
Level Contributor
118 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

Rather funnily when myself and two companions checked our bags in on a recent flight to the Palawans one of my friends was two and a half kilos over his fifteen kilo limit. The check in staff then came about a solution by telling us all to weigh our luggage together,which we willingly did and when the scales read 45.2 kilos the staff whooped with joy and high fived all three of us,and so off we went giggling like little girls because that would NEVER happen in Europe.

PP airlines....thank you !

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,759 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do Cebu Pacific and Tiger Air weight your cabin luggage?

Never happened to me in all my flights for the past 2 years because my backpack looks like it weighs just a few kilos. Check-in counter agents know if your backpack weigh more than what is allowed for handcarry by just looking at it.