We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

Already did boracay, cebu, bohol and manila. Saving Palawan for another time. I'm having a hard time deciding where to go.

My girl showed me a place called Borawan but its kinda like camping at the beach. I can do that back home lol

I'm also considering go up north Luzon to sagada or rice terraces but I'm dying to hit the beach too.

Also considering going back to cebu and bohol. Our stay last time was very short so we didn't really get to see much.

Will also consider doing boracay again

Might also do just manila again too

Just looking for more ideas...

Thanks in advance

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,726 posts
1,719 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

Siquijor (Coco Grove Resoart), Malapascua (Im booked into Tepannee at Logon Beach), Camotes (Madgodlong Paradise Resort) and Bantayan all located in and around the Cebu Area.

Tommo

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
643 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

If you are seriously considering North Luzon you can combine visiting the Banawe Rice Terraces, Sagada and then Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

Using Cebu as your base, you can go to Cagayan de Oro to go white water rafting, then proceed to Camuigin for some cold springs, hot springs, a sand bar and underwater cemetery. Then of course, following Tommo's suggestion (but not limited to) for your beach fix, around Cebu island. While you are in Cebu, you can include Oslob Whale shark interaction, and Moalboal to do a sardine run dive.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

Do you dive?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

@tommo thanks again I'm going look into Siquijor and Malapascua

@gemini note taken on visiting the Banawe Rice Terraces, Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte. Thanks

@al22tec My girl refuses to take me to certain areas and camuigin is one of them :( I want to see that sunken cemetery!!!

But we are seriously considering cebu again

@mousehunt no I have only tried snorkeling. Diving is something I really should take on cause I know u guys always recommending great spots.

Appreciate all the recommendations....

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

@ Aks

If you are looking for a slightly different side of Phils than what you have already seen...

1) Banaue (rice terraces) - the people here are much different, the weather is far batter, and well - they have a history to speak of :)

2) Legaspi - Mayon volcano and Cagsawa ruins - are as beautiful as the photos make them out to be. The food is good, the places surprisingly untouristy, and you will hardly see many foreigners - mostly Filipinos.

3) Siquijor, Camotes and Apo island are different from most places in Philippines - and I also highly recommend them.

Camotes is especially different as most of the resorts are local owned (unlike places like Malapascua and Bohol where they tend to be foreigner owned with foreigner flavour), some resorts like Mangodlong paradise beach resort http://www.mangodlongparadiseresort.com/ ) have 4 star comfort at 2 star prices, and the beach is amazingly beautiful.

Siquijor - the people are relaxed, snorkelling is amazing, resorts are beautiful

Apo island - isolated, people nearly untouched by tourism, simple lodge to stay, stunning views, idyllic life - a bit uncomfortable with little electricity, but worth the experience. Oh yes - snorkeling is amazing since you see lots of turtles in the wild!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

@YouLiveOnlyOnce thanks for those places, I'm at a loss now even more lol

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

If you do not want beach, Banaue and the Ifugao region will make sense.

Else head for places like Siargao to chill out and relax.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,437 posts
584 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

@aksmzk, all these new suggested places, it just means that you will eventually post a new thread: FOURTH trip to the philippines, couldnt fit it all on my 3rd trip....

Edited: 21 May 2014, 01:20
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3rd trip to Philippines in Sep......Cant decide where to go

@ Aks

If I had to choose one place of these, I would chose Siquijor (Coco grove). But then, I am partial to revisit places that are comfortable enough to sleep :)

Too many sleepless nights in Apo island due to the stuffiness! Thank God for it's beauty, treks and turtles that prevented me from cribbing!