We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo travel for 2 weeks in october

4 posts
Save Topic
Solo travel for 2 weeks in october

Hello,

I know that it is a question that is coming up a lot in the forums but I am truly lost. I will be going to the Philippines for approximately 2 weeks (give or take). I am a solo female traveler and all I know is that I want to take my advance open water diving certification, do some island hoping and just spend some time on nice beaches. I am not looking for a crazy nightlife environment.

I would like to keep my expenses for my accomodations and transport low as I plan on doing a lot of diving, etc.

So can anyone orient me to an itinerary, suggest locations, etc. Boracay is a must but outside of that I can't make heads or tails.

Thank you for all your suggestions!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo travel for 2 weeks in october

Fly to cebu and you can island hop to Bohol and surrounding islands

Palawan is also another option as well.

Im also in a similar situation and having a hard time to decide where to go lol

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo travel for 2 weeks in october

If you want low cost for your AOW, then go to Dumaguete.

Look for Harolds Mansion and so far they are the cheapest and the standard is there.

You can go Bias for some nice dolphin sightings and also go Siquijor for overnight or even day trips.

http://wp.me/pBrCp-1DQ

From Duma, you can make day trip to Oslob for Whale Shark interation.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 20:50
Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,834 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo travel for 2 weeks in october

@ Beyonce

Bohol (Alona beach and Balicasag island) fit perfectly into what you are looking for. Alona beach is lined with dive shops, Padi certified, who teach diving.

The region has nice coral reefs and colourful fish.

No crazy nightlife (Boracay qualifies for that), Alona beach has some peaceful al fresco dining and music bu the beach, Balicasag island is quiet, but has great beach side diving.

Luzon, Philippines
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo travel for 2 weeks in october

Dosol, sorsogon s a good place to dive also

4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo travel for 2 weeks in october

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I think I will head to Bohol for the diving!

6. Re: Solo travel for 2 weeks in october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 07:16