We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
291 reviews
Save Topic
Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

I had a change of flight times shortly before my actual flights which i found disapoointing but accepted it.

i found out that while travelling they have actually changed all their flight times and in some cases messed up connections.

My hotel gave free shuttle service which ended up outside of their new flight time operating times .

To wrap up the disappointment their flights are always running late and my plane also broke down when i was on the plane. They had hydraulics problems and didn't move until a technician came to fix it.

They didn't even fix it in manila where it came from before hand but to try to fix it in Puerto Princesa .

So the 1 hour flight turned in to an 18 hour ordeal with no information or help .

Not even a transfer of flights.

Their customer service is the worst i have experienced and should be used as last choice.

Cebu Pacific flies very frequestly from Manila and Puerto Princesa and should be used first as they have more frequency and reliable.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

We hear these stories from all airlines in the world including low cost to full service airlines.Just do a search. We have had similar posts here about Cebu Pacicif Zest etc etc.You were just unlucky.

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,484 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

This is nothing new and while I sympathize with you, this is a fact of life for all airlines here.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

Even with ANA, Japan's business airline--was always late for our departures from LA and from Tokyo...

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,588 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

http://www.dti.gov.ph/dti/index.php?p=829

Check on this link where your 18 hours delay falls under.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

@ Chi

Sad to hear of your bad experience ...

See a similar post here -http://www.tripadvisor.com.ph/ShowTopic-g294245-i3256-k7106706-Problems_with_Philipines_Airlines_Pal_Express-Philippines.html

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,588 posts
598 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

YLOO, you just directed the person to a thread that he has already replied to, for the same issue.

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

I agree with tommomelbourne and others.

I recently travelled on Philippine Airlines from Saigon to Manila. There were no problems, and the flight was almost full.

I could contribute more than one adverse event involving Australian airlines Qantas and Jetstar but TA has more productive things to discuss such as the amazing destinations in the land of 7107 islands.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

It is unfortunate that you have such experience but this happens to other airlines.

The difference is how is the delayed handled. Seems like PAL did not do a good job this time round.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

Thank you al22tecc

out of all those comments made.

you gave me the best positive answer possible.

thank you very much for that.

Those pro philipine comments are one sided and have no need to reply to my thread.

If you don't have a solution please don't comment.

This is about Philipine Airline. Nothing else

I love Philipines and I wont let this stop me from enjoying the country.

it is just to highlight the poor service from the airline

10. Re: Philipine Airlines are to be Avoided

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:17