We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Philippines

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Philippines

Hi,

I am planning a 7 day trip to Philippines on our Honeymoon in Jan 2015.

1. We will be travelling from India on a moderate budget.

2. We are looking for a combination of things we can do. Beach + Nightlife + Nature(mountains/wildlife)

3. Based on my research, I definitely want to spend 1 day in Manila and 2 days in Boracay

Now, I am trying to figure out the best thing we can do in remaining 3 days. I was seriously considering El Nido(Puerto Princea) but Bohol seem to offer more variety of stuff (good beaches + wildlife + mountains)

Could you please help me decide what should I pick?

Thanks for helping out..

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,692 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Philippines

7 days is a short time to experience 3 destinations and 2 days in Boracay is IMHO not enough time.

As El Nido is more difficult to reach and if you dont fly using the only but expensive direct option from Manila ITI it could cost you a good part of 2 days in land travel(7 hrs+ by bus each way from PP). Based on your circumstances I would choose Bohol as it is more easier to reach and stay at Alona Beach.

You can fly to Bohol (Tagbilaran Airport) from Manila.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Philippines

Out of the 7 days, you actually only have 5 days.

We will recommend you to spend a night in Manila before your flight back home. That will left you with 4 days.

So choose either Boracay or Bohol.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,166 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Philippines

Hi Surbhi,

Welcome to the Phils.

1) I suggest giving at least 1 more day in Boracay - it will take 1-3 hours from your landign till you reach your resort in Boracay (with the short boat ride and trike / bus dependign upon where you land... Kalibo or Caticlan0

2) I would advise spending the remaining time in Bohol - nicer resorts, more activities, has conveniences like electricity, and is far more economical.

Edited: 23 June 2014, 07:48
4. Re: Honeymoon in Philippines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:16