We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fruit (milk)shakes

M F
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
fruit (milk)shakes

Dear members,

I'm traveling to Boracay and Manila.

I have a question about drinking fresh fruit milkshakes.

Did anybody ever get sick from drinking fruit milkshakes at bars/restaurants in Boracay or Manilla.

I mean fresh fruit milkshakes so I don't mean the milkshakes at for example Mc Donalds.

Thank you for your answers in advance.

Greetings

San Juan
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fruit (milk)shakes

nope, milkshakes are fine. no worries.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,376 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fruit (milk)shakes

One way to be sure.... just drink San Miguel ;-)

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,374 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fruit (milk)shakes

YES, you can get sick. It, in my opinion, has to do with the handling of the ice which for the most part starts out pure and fine, but can get contaminated on the way from producer to your shake. This is NOT a common occurrence and we as do thousands of others drink shakes often with no problem.

Ramstein-Miesenbach...
Level Contributor
78 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fruit (milk)shakes

16 days all over the Philippines. I drank so many mango shakes...and mango rum shakes! No sickness, just a buzz.

5. Re: fruit (milk)shakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2017, 23:00
Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: fruit (milk)shakes

or better drink coconut juice, hehehe

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,927 posts
2,000 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fruit (milk)shakes

Both fruit shakes and buko (coconut) juice in Philippines are incredibly refreshing.

Aided by the weather, both are examples of the 'true taste of the tropics.'

It's hard to be objective since I am (amazingly) never in Philippines and Australia concurrently, but the bananas and mangoes grown in Philippines seem to be sweeter than Australia's Northern Territory or Queensland efforts.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,305 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fruit (milk)shakes

... the Philippines is home of the sweetest mangoes on the planet.

m.sunstar.com.ph/…

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,279 posts
574 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: fruit (milk)shakes

my personal choice with shakes would be without milk. milk is usually added to the shake. i would request NO milk so that the taste of the fruit will standout: green taste of green mango, sweetness of ripe mango, melon, watermelon, banana. there are even combinations.

10. Re: fruit (milk)shakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 05:17