We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dangerous sea creatures

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
dangerous sea creatures

Does anyone know if there are any dangerous sea creatures ie sharks crocs jellyfish etc that swim in the waters of Davao or samal island in november

london
Level Contributor
977 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dangerous sea creatures

Hi there

The most dangerous sea creature is man....causes the deaths of hundreds of thousands of sharks and other sea creatures every year.

Nothing is dangerous , as in will do you harm, if you don't touch it or harass it in an y way..little jelly fish can show up anywhere any time but unless you scratch your skin afterwards you should be fine.

Best wishes

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,458 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dangerous sea creatures

As the Philippines is part of the Coral Triangle where you can find more than half of the world's marine species, you will find many friendly and unfriendly sea creatures including sharks and jellyfish including the waters of Davao. I assure you there are no crocodiles in the waters surrounding Davao as they consider the river as their home rather than the sea.

Mentioned in this post
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dangerous sea creatures

Thanks for the information it makes me feel safer as I love snorkelling and taking underwater photos

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dangerous sea creatures

Thanks for information and you are spot on about man being the most dangerous but only some not all

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,355 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dangerous sea creatures

@ Nigel

1) I have been to Samal garden island. No crocs there

2) I did not see many jelly fish, but yes - I am sure there were some small ones for it stung a bit after I snorkelled for an hour (not like the irukandji... these just stung a bit and then that was it)... just wear a t-shirt / thin suit and you will be fine...

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,999 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dangerous sea creatures

There is a crocodile park in davao. They must have got them from somewhere

tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g298459…

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,355 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dangerous sea creatures

@ Big Jim

Yes, the ones usually displayed are usually fresh water crocs (or sea water ones from outside)

Salt water crocs are rare in the Phils.

More info here - www.mabuwaya.org/index.cfm…

Edited: 01 July 2014, 05:03
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dangerous sea creatures

Thankyou you for your reply im sure I will go for a swim and snorkel and enjoy it thanks again

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dangerous sea creatures

Thanks for your thoughts will take onboard littarly

10. Re: dangerous sea creatures

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2015, 05:17