We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 Provinces in the Philippines You’ve Probably Ignored

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
5 Provinces in the Philippines You’ve Probably Ignored

5 Provinces in the Philippines You’ve Probably Ignored But Should Visit

Siquijor has plenty of attention from TA members but the others do not.

…looloo.com/5-philippine-provinces-you-shoul…

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,132 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 Provinces in the Philippines You’ve Probably Ignored

Great find FSRP01. As the title suggests, they are all more than worthy of a visit.

Mandaluyong...
Level Contributor
37 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 Provinces in the Philippines You’ve Probably Ignored

How about Pangasinan. We have 100 islands, bolinao beach, manaoag church.

But I am not an expert in our province, so i'll leave it as it is. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,887 posts
1,992 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 Provinces in the Philippines You’ve Probably Ignored

FSRP01, excellent find.

Having recently been to Butuan, Mindanao and then hired a car to get to Tinuy-an Falls, Enchanted River and Britania Group of Islands, I can highly recommend Surigao del Sur province. Look up these attractions on TA as all have reviews.

Cebu Pacific is now flying to Tandag City three days a week which makes it even easier to travel to these excellent scenic spots. Accommodation is cheap: P1000 a night or less is typical.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 10:59
Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,495 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 5 Provinces in the Philippines You’ve Probably Ignored

I had a great 10 days with my daughter in Antique in May/June.

My friend has been living there 3 years and has a beachfront house and has wanted me to visit him ever since he moved there.

It really is a beautiful place and unspoiled. There are no fast food chains.

Resorts are being developed along National Highway from Pandan to Culasi. There are probably more further south, but that was as far as I traveled.

The scenery is fantastic with the mountains always in the background and evidence that people live in the forests.

It was strange at first not seeing taxis but the bus service was good and tricycles supplement them. It's amazing how many children can travel in a single tricycle when going to and from school!

There was still a lot of damage caused by Yolanda and you can see many new roofs with many more to be replaced.

I will certainly return this year.

5. Re: 5 Provinces in the Philippines You’ve Probably Ignored

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:17