We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback please on itinerary

Townsville...
Level Contributor
141 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Feedback please on itinerary

My wife and I are planning a trip to the Philippines in late November-early December and have put together the following itinerary:

Manila - 3 nights

Ifigao Rice Terrances/ Sagada - 3 nights

Fly from Manila to Cebu with Air Asia

Cebu 4 nights with ferry trips to other islands

Would greatly appreciate advice on:

- best way of visiting Ifigao Rice Terraces and Sagada from Manila (hire car and driver????)

- best places to visit from Cebu

We are not beach people but enjoy sightseeing, shopping and seeing life in the villages.

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,626 posts
1,675 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feedback please on itinerary

Best way to see and maximise your time in the rice terraces is to hire a private driver. Tourist Driver does regular trips to this area and is very familiar with the region. His details are listed to the right FAQ----->

FAQ: Transport Company, GUIDE and DRIVERS!

You need to book him well in advance as he is extremely busy. I made some tenative enquiries for a day trip in December and those dates were already booked up.

If you are not beach people you may want to consider spending your time in Bohol which has beaches sightseeing and culture. This is only a few hours away from Cebu by fast ferry.

In Cebu here is a list of attractions:

tripadvisor.com.au/Attractions-g294261-Activ…

More ideas in this thread:

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294261-i4630-k…

Tommo

Edited: 21 July 2014, 05:42
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,363 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Feedback please on itinerary

We are not beach people but enjoy sightseeing, shopping and seeing life in the villages

----------------------------------------

I can help with this. Although you might need more than your allotted time in the Philippines.

I can show you Palompon and surrounding area including some of it's villages.. For instance, the village of my ex wife where my ex father in law is the Barangay Captain (village chief) He is always happy to show off his barangay.

Palompon is a port town on the island of Leyte. You can reach there by boat direct from from Cebu City 3 times a week. Or, you can travel by fast ferry from Cebu City to Ormoc City. There are about 10 fast ferry trips each day. Then from Ormoc City, catch a van to Palompon.

Palompon has a marine sanctuary very close to the town called Tabuk Marine Sanctuary. Palompon is also the jump off point for Kalanggaman island. You can read about both of them here.

…blogspot.com.au/2012/10/palompon-leyte-kala…

I have guaranteed my family I will be in Palompon for the Palompon Fiesta on 3rd December which is why I can make this offer.

The Palompon fiesta has activities leading up to the day of the fiesta such as street parades and beauty contests. The day of the Fiesta is an endless round of feasting.

If you are interested, I don't ask anything at all except that you pay your own way.

Edited: 21 July 2014, 12:36
Ramstein-Miesenbach...
Level Contributor
78 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Feedback please on itinerary

You can take an overnight bus to the rice terraces, it would be much cheaper than a private driver. From the village you can pick up a guide to show you the way to the terraces. If you are in Cebu, I highly recommend going down to the southern tip to Oslob. Five hours by bus. You can swim with the whalesharks and see tumalog falls in one day, easy. Kawasan falls is nice as well on the NW side of Cebu.

4. Re: Feedback please on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 06:15