We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

Hi Guys,

I managed to pick up some very cheap flight from Sydney to Manila for February 2015 (Cebu Pacific - $275 return!) and will be in the Philippines for 10 nights. Basically I have a blank canvas. I will be travelling with my Girlfriend, we are both mid 20’s and are both well travelled. We would really like to see some of the amazing beaches that are on offer, I would be open to try 2-3 different places. I know that Boracay would be a good idea but I would like to go somewhere that will be breathtaking i.e. El Nido? (which I know can be difficult to get to).

We have a open budget, we just want to see some amazing beaches and probably do some snorkelling, diving etc

So basically I am looking for pristine beaches in less busy/touristy parts of the Phils?

Thanks for your help!!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,330 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

@Kyle best place to start is the FAQs listed to the right as there is a lot of great suggestions listed there especially under "Best Beaches"

--------------->

If you have a smart phone you need to download the full version otherwise this can't be seen.

My favourites of the places I visited are El Nido,Coron,Siquijor,Camotes and Malapascua which I will visit soon.

Boracay is a great choice for a touristy option.

Happy researching.

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,330 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

...and I forgot to mention Alona Beach Bohol is also a great destination and is semi-touristy. Bohol offers great sightseeing(check things to do in the top of the Bohol Forum) and there is fantastic snorkeling and diving in Balicasag Island.

Tommo

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

Did you book direct?..can only find $370 ++ one way !

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

Sale ended midnight 27/7/2014

best bet would be to wait it out for another sale, this is a new route for Cebu so they are trying to fill out their planes and build a reputation. they will have another sale soon!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

Great! thank you, I will check out al your suggestions

appriciate your help!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,104 posts
2,068 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

Philippine Airlines has a sale from Melbourne to Manila return - A$744 with its excellent nonstop flights. Sale ends on 31 July; tickets are valid for October and November 2014 if availability remains. Unlike Cebu Pacific, one receives a baggage allowance and included meals and drinks.

I agree that Coron's offshore islands (Palawan, a long way from El Nido) and Siquijor are amazingly beautiful destinations. In the time available, you could select two and no more. You need a night in Manila upon your arrival. www.asiatravel.com has excellent choice and good rates including its famous 'Crazy rates' mystery hotel nights.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 09:40
Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,098 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

I thought the PAL sale prices were good until I read this thread. 275? Was that a return? Wow.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

Yep! $150 Sydney>Manila $94 Manilia>Sydney plus a but extra from baggage

Couldn't say no!

uk
Level Contributor
345 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

you can see my itinerary in a thread just further down. I am covering el nido (5 days), boracay (3 days) Manila (2 days) Angeles (2 days).

10. Re: 10 Nights in the Philippines - Where to go?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:16