We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila Day Trip (Taal+City Tour) and 2 week Itinerary Advice

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Manila Day Trip (Taal+City Tour) and 2 week Itinerary Advice

hi

I am just finalising my 2 week Philippines trip and had a few quick questions!

1. In my 2 day stay in Manila, I am looking at spending one of those days doing the Taal Volcano + City Tour (inc Intramuros etc). I have been quoted 5500php all in for a taxi and driver for the day (on the TA recommendation list)…is this a good price?

Secondly this is my 2 week itinerary…is there anything else I can add to this, even though my time in Boracay is short I feel its worth the effort as I am unsure when I would return to Phil

Fri – (arrive late at night)

SAT - MANILA (relax/mall of asia).

SUN - MANILA (Taal Volcano+intramuous city tour)

MON – Manila-> El Nido (direct flight)

TUE – EL Nido (day 1 open water )

WED – EL Nido (day 2 open water)

Thursday – EL Nido (island tour A)

FRI – El Nido – (island tour C)

SAT – El Nido- Manila -> Boracay

SUN – Boracay

MON – Boracay

TUE – Boracay-> Manila -> Angeles 5/6pm.

WED – Angeles

Thursday – Angeles – Manila 7/8PM.

FRI - 9AM RTN

london
Level Contributor
924 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila Day Trip (Taal+City Tour) and 2 week Itinerary Advice

Hi there

This is doable if you are doing an Open Water referral from the UK....ie if you have done the theory and the pool work at home. If not then definitely consider factoring in another day and doing the theory at home. It's also a shame if you don't use the diving for at least a couple of diving days. Consider doing this in Boracay if you haven't already done so.

Have a great trip

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,185 posts
1,522 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila Day Trip (Taal+City Tour) and 2 week Itinerary Advice

Itinerary looks good.

Any reason you are going to Angeles? The time is probably spent better elsewhere.

Tommo

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila Day Trip (Taal+City Tour) and 2 week Itinerary Advice

I have been quoted 5500php all in for a taxi and driver for the day (on the TA recommendation list)…is this a good price?

---------------------------------------------

I am sure you can get cheaper. However, what i will say is that it is a "fair" price. Fair to you and fair to the driver.

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila Day Trip (Taal+City Tour) and 2 week Itinerary Advice

@ire123 - thanks, yes i will have done the elearning theory test online before going which is why they can do the OW in 2 days. I did consider doing it in Boracay instead but there just looked to be other activities i can do there e.g. kitesurfing, so went for EL Nido.

@tommomelbourne - I had been thinking whether it was worth it but a friend is going to be there so I said would meet him and feel commited now, also it just means an one less day on boracay as i wouldnt have time to go anywhere else seeing as i need to be in manila on thursday. Also i will book the last flight Boracay-MNL which is 16:30 giving me most of the day there.

@Big_Jim_Leyte. thanks, it does seem a lot but as you said is probably fair and might stick with it.

Also from angeles on thursday might consider doing mt pintubo and then going straight to manila from there (if possible).

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila Day Trip (Taal+City Tour) and 2 week Itinerary Advice

Also from angeles on thursday might consider doing mt pintubo and then going straight to manila from there (if possible).

---------------------

and here is me thinking that you were going to Angeles City because of all the bikini bars

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila Day Trip (Taal+City Tour) and 2 week Itinerary Advice

@Big_Jim_Leyte - no of course not...it is to see the culture, historic sights and attractions of AC!! Nah i would not be going (or even have heard of the place) if my friend didnt mention it, but i do like partying and drinking so this will be a good destress for a few days!

7. Re: Manila Day Trip (Taal+City Tour) and 2 week Itinerary Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2015, 05:15