We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dumb Q of the day! Multiple airports Manila?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
559 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Dumb Q of the day! Multiple airports Manila?

Hi,

I've found in flight booking and on the forum 3 different airport names. Are there multiple international airports in Manila?

Just checking as it might effect our onwards travel plans, connections etc.

Clark

Ninoy Aquino

Suryabayathim (or something like that...:P)

The majority of carriers appear to fly into 'MNL'...are there notable exceptions we should be aware of..eg AIrAsia, Cebu..

Thanks

R

*update...wiki has helped me out...5 terminals !!

Edited: 04 August 2014, 01:16
manila
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dumb Q of the day! Multiple airports Manila?

MNL (also known as Ninoy Aquino or NAIA) has 4 terminals, but they are not interconnected. CRK (or Clark is another airport around 90 Kms north of Manila in Pampanga and is not part of the Manila International Airport Authority's system. It is a regional airport of sorts like Avalon in Melbourne compared to Tullamarine.

Surabaya is NOT in the Phlippines.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,001 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dumb Q of the day! Multiple airports Manila?

MNL is the main gateway to the Philippines. If you plan to take Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Jetstar or Philippine Airlines then for sure you will land in one of the 4 terminals of MNL.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,927 posts
1,626 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dumb Q of the day! Multiple airports Manila?

This will help you to get a visual:

http://www.manila-airport.net/Map.cfm

Tommo

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,005 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dumb Q of the day! Multiple airports Manila?

I just read the wikipedia article to see what 5 terminals you are referring to. The 5th terminal in the article is a proposed terminal. However, i agree there is a 5th terminal. A private terminal used by ITI who fly Manila to El Nido

http://itiair.com

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
559 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dumb Q of the day! Multiple airports Manila?

Thanks again all.

I think I've got everything I can think of sorted on the airport front .

Cheers

R

6. Re: Dumb Q of the day! Multiple airports Manila?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 22:35
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,927 posts
1,626 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dumb Q of the day! Multiple airports Manila?

@TE promoting your commercial blog isnt allowed on this forum but feel free to contribute without your business references.

All your posts will be removed.

Reported.

Tommo

8. Re: Dumb Q of the day! Multiple airports Manila?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2015, 05:16