We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal fees - cash or CC?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
559 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Terminal fees - cash or CC?

Hi,

I have read the sticky on new terminal fees....

Can I use CC for airport terminal fees or do I need to be sure we've got PHP on hand?

NOTE: MIAA website says 750 PHP for international, not 550 ????

also pls. notel: rappler.com/nation/60266-naia-terminal-fees

"Starting October 2014, the price will be included in your airline ticket whether you purchased it online or through ticketing offices and travel agents." hooray !

We're flying out of MNL and DUM.

Thanks

R

1. Re: Terminal fees - cash or CC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 03:35
Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,481 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal fees - cash or CC?

There are no airport scams.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal fees - cash or CC?

I have never seen a booth where you can pay a terminal fee by credit card but one of the members here says that they now accept credit cards at Terminal 1 in Manila.

Domestic terminal fee is already included in the ticket price for domestic flights from Manila, so you don't have to pay Manila to Dumaguete

International terminal fee was P750 but is now P550 and if your flight is after 1st October, you will not have to pay that one either.

So, unless the price has gone up recently, there will be a P100 terminal fee to pay in Dumaguete

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal fees - cash or CC?

international flights, yes, credit card is accepted. For domestic, no. Cash only.

5. Re: Terminal fees - cash or CC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 03:35
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,981 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terminal fees - cash or CC?

Not even a food hall / restaurant...how crap is that?

PS Any scams should we be aware of at the airport? Sounds like this terminal fee collection is open wide to abuse....

----------------------------------------------------------

The terminal fee is a set amount and everyone pays. Where is the scam in that.

I am pretty sure Australia's international terminal fee is now more than aud $50, built into the ticket. I can't find the info now but I am confident when I last did find it, the cost was something like aud $56. While Manila terminal fee is only the equivalent of about aud $14. I am sure if everyone paid the equivalent of aud $50 terminal fee in Manila, you would have Australian standards at the airport.

Where did you get the idea that there is no food available?

There are 4 international terminals in Manila. All with different facilities. Last time I was in terminal 1, there was a bunch of restaurants for everyone to use. There were also pay lounges. Pay P700 or so for all you can eat and drink. Including alcoholic drinks. They also have sleeping facilities that you can pay for.

The terminal I use normally is Terminal 2. In the departure lounge, they have a bar which is also the smokers lounge. They don't have an actual restaurant but there are also about 10 food outlets. They also have a massage service at one end of the departure lounge. it is expensive by Philippines standards but cheap by Australian standards.

philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terminal fees - cash or CC?

What airline are you using from your international destination? Several international airlines have already transferred to T3. If your airline is still at T1 and you are travelling from now till end of the year, T1 is under major rehabilitation works. Airconditioning units are being replaced, so it will be stuffy until they finish.

There is no point posting such negative news. All countries have negative news. And the news you are reading are old news. 2013? Come on.. If you allow yourself to dwell too much on these, you will not enjoy your stay.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,883 posts
1,618 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Terminal fees - cash or CC?

Agree with Al22tecc. Curious....why are you visting if your perceptions and postings are already so negative?

"Give a smile and get a smile."

Tommo

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
559 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Terminal fees - cash or CC?

Hi Big Jim,

The report noted little / no food, and I read a TA post just a while ago (was it from you?) that mentions only a 'Jollibees" outside ? Ok, so maybe the report is inaccurate, that's pleasing news.

"The terminal fee is a set amount and everyone pays. Where is the scam in that." - there is no scam if it's administered without issue, again the report noted 'scams' - maybe again a bit inaccurate and exaggerated. (Though I've seen some nice airport/border crossing scams in my time..so it doesn't hurt to be forewarned)

- "Customer Service: unfriendly staff, airport scams, anti-airport sleeper policies, immigration officers who prefer to play Angry Birds than process travellers"

Yes the international fee in AUS is somewhere over $50, all the airports are privately owned for profit operations. Sydney Airport was just rated the worst in Australia (and I wholly agree with that rating!!)

@al22tecc, I mean no offense, there is a difference between 'black humour' and 'negativity'. (maybe it doesn't translate well in TA forums)

To reflect, we arrived at Sydney airport a few years ago 30 mins after a bikie brawl in the foyer and someone killed - so it can happen anywhere !

smh.com.au/national/bikie-killed-in-sydney-a…

And I will enjoy my stay ! Don't you worry about that !

thanks again all for your prompt replies !

R

philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Terminal fees - cash or CC?

rroger,

No offense taken. Except terminal 1, majority of the airports in the Philippines are more pleasant except for the overcrowding, which comes from an increase of air travellers unmatched by an equivalent expansion of airport facilities. However, that should not deter you from enjoying the Philippines (outside of Manila).

Enjoy the food and the local drinks!