We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila to Banaue by Air

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
344 reviews
Save Topic
Manila to Banaue by Air

Hi All,

I am planning a trip to Philippines mainly to see the rice terraced fields in Banaue. However, when will this trip materialize, I really have no idea.

I only have 4D3N and base on what I read, I will have insufficient time to complete this trip. I have also decided to skip Batad due to time constraint.

1. Assuming I am willing to fork out money to travel by Air. May I know which is the nearest airport to Banaue?

2. From the airport to Banaue, how long does it need to travel by bus?

3. For domestic flight, do we also have to be at the airport 2 hours before flight?

4. What airlines fly from Manila to Banaue?

These are the questions for now.

Thanks.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
291 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila to Banaue by Air

No airline flies from Manila to Banaue. Bagabag airport is the closest airport to the Banaue Rice Terraces. However, it is currently impossible to fly there, as the airport is closed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagabag_Airport).

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila to Banaue by Air

Thanks for the reply.

So may I know which is the next nearest airport then and how many hours do I need to travel from the airport to Banaue?

Thanks.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila to Banaue by Air

Hi,

Replied to you on the Manila forum.

You can't travel by bus from Cauayan airport (which is the nearest, at the moment), but some people have hired vans to this this trip. We did it by bus and 2 jeepney rides.

Yes you have to check in 2 hours even for internal flights - we flew with Cebu Paciifc

Edited: 05 April 2011, 22:51
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila to Banaue by Air

Hi ,

I wonder if you could help, I noticed that you have taken the flight from Manila to Cauayan . 

Myself and my family are going to The Philippines in December and we are interested in finding out what the Cebu Pacific flight from Manila to Cauayan is like ?

We normally travel by road and it takes forever .

I'd be very grateful if you could spare a minute to give me your thoughts on your experience of this flight .

Many thanks

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila to Banaue by Air

Hi,

No problem - you can have a read of what the flight and onward travel was like in my LONG trip report, that I posted.

Part 1: Cauayan to Banaue

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294249-i10488-k44…

Hope it helpsl

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
452 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila to Banaue by Air

Another option would be to fly to Tuguegarao and take land transpo to Banaue from there

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila to Banaue by Air

Wouldn't going via Tuguegarao mean you still have to come back down to Bagabag Junction to get to Banaue?

If you mean travelling via the Kalinga Province - then I would say that is much longer and difficult. If however there was the intention to stay over in Tinglayan - then yes this is an option, as this is the route we took when we flew back to Manila.

Part 8: Tinglayan to Tabuk to Tuguegarao and Manila

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294248-i3259-k4…

8. Re: Manila to Banaue by Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 18:18