We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila to Banaue by bus?

Winnipeg, Manitoba
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Manila to Banaue by bus?

I'm trying to get to Banaue by bus, and can't seem to find any direct lines. From what I've read, Autobus and Florida don't go there anymore, and the other one I've read about (starts with an O), doesn't seem to operate either.

Is my only choice to go through Baguio?

If so, should I go to Banaue or Sagada first?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila to Banaue by bus?

OHAYAMI Trans Daily Trips to and from MANILA:

FROM BANAUE to

CUBAO-SAMPALOC

7:00 PM

FROM SAMPALOC to

BANAUE(Lacson,Fajardo St)

10:00 PM

For reservation/s and inquiries pls call 09175060817

Caloocan...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila to Banaue by bus?

Hello.....

Is Ohayami Trans is the only bus line going to banawe? I am from manila and can you give me some advice which is the best route going to banawe and where in banawe can we stay for overnight? and what other place can you suggest to go near banawe? I have plan to stay in the area about three days to go places in cordillera....and banawe is one of my choice place.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila to Banaue by bus?

name of place is banaue as in the topic,go to the banaue forum for places to stay or try search in google .as we dont know your budget.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila to Banaue by bus?

Actually the name Banawe is also another name for Banaue.

When I was going to Banaue last May, the bus ticket counter put Banaue as the destination but the signboard on the bus is written as Banawe.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila to Banaue by bus?

Banawe or Banaue... it's the same thing like Caloocan and Kalookan. As of today Ohayami is the only one plying the Manila-Banaue route.

Edited: 31 January 2012, 04:56
Singapore, null...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila to Banaue by bus?

Hello guys,

Any update on the bus connexion between Manila and Banaue ?

Do you know what at time the Ohayami bus leaves Manila ? I would like to book my flight to Manila accordingly and I cannot find any website for this bus company...

Where is the bus station in Manila ? Is it at the airport ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Cheers

Benjamin

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
344 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila to Banaue by bus?

See #1. Sampoloc is not near the airport. Arrive early to book your tickets first.

Singapore, null...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manila to Banaue by bus?

Thanks a lot ! Can't wait to be there...

Caloocan...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Manila to Banaue by bus?

thanks everyone....

one more thing....to anyone who had an experience going to banaue with a limited budget....can you share your experiences re where to go first and where to stay overnight?

Is it safe to get along with the locals.....since we're only two girls going to that place?

more tips...much better...

thanks....god bless everyone!

philippines
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Manila to Banaue by bus?

there are cheap but comfortable lodges /inns in Banaue. You can inquire at the Ohayami Bus station (drivers) , or you can check the web for the inns/lodges in Banaue. Travelto Banaue is cheap as long as you pretend you're not a "tourist" . Also you can ask tips and info from the booker at Ohayami Booking in Banaue look for marites or pallan.

Edited: 13 February 2012, 09:33