We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

Hi all,

I am visiting the North Luzon area soon and trying to get a trip itinerary together, so would appreciate your comments and suggestions on the following..

I will arrive by night bus from Manila to Banaue in the early morning and plan to spend one day and night in the town, doing some hiking around and relaxing. Then the next day I would like to hike to Batad and spend 1-2 days and nights there seeing the rice terraces and villages. To get to Sagada, I'm thinking to go back to Banaue, collect my big bag (which I would leave at the place I stay at the 1st night), then go by van or jeepney to Sagada for a couple of days.

To get back to Manila from Sagada, is it best to go via Banaue or Baguio? And is it worth spending a day and night in Baguio or skipping it?

I will have around 5-7 days for this trip so any help to get the most from it is much appreciated! Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

For your Sagada to Manila, you either go via Banaue or Baguio.

From Sagada to Baguio will require at least 5 to 6 hours.

From Baguio to Manila will need 6 hours at least.

So it depends on yourself.

Manila
Level Contributor
638 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

I suggest Manila via Baguio so that you can see the spectacular scenery along Halsema highway. You need to spend the night in Baguio or it would be a very long travel if Sagada to Manila. Backtracking Banaue will save you time but you will miss the grand vegetable terraces.

Here's an aerial view of a small part of the vegetable terraces. http://goo.gl/maps/LPyuj

Manila
Level Contributor
638 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

Here is one of my favorite site... https:/…IMG_7696.JPG

4. Re: Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 June 2013, 05:35
5. Re: Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

6. Re: Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,325 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

...all of a sudden, out of no where, recommendations of Zohan popped resurrecting a 2 month thread in slumber written by just 1 person as evident in one-sentence paragraphs that don't start in capital letters. Why be too obvious???

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,731 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

Zohan or Mark,

Enough of your spamming.

The more you promote yourself, the more we will be skeptical.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,393 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

.....And avoid your services!

Pay for ads ...if you can afford it!

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,393 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Banaue-Batad-Sagada-Banaue/Baguio trip suggestion

Noticed mark g has also recommended ZOHAN in an official review of the Banaue Rice Terraces. Reported as self promotion.

tripadvisor.com.au/members-reviews/686markg6…

Tommo

Edited: 14 June 2013, 06:35