We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

Madrid, Madrid...
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

Hey,

please help me out, because now I got really scared. On one of the tour agencies I've just read that they don't organize tours to Mount Pinatubo and to Banaue rice terraces because of the rainy season and that they start with tours in November !!!! Does that mean, that it is impossible to visit those two spots in start of October or is this agency just one, which doesn't organise this tours at that time, but other does ?????

I have 5 days time from 3rd October until 8th October until my flight to Cebu, and if those two higlights are cancelled, I don't know what to arange two week before departure instead.

PLEASE TELL ME, THAT IS POSSIBLE TO VISIT THIS TWO SPOTS !!!!!

Thanx

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,415 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

It is not possible to visit Mt Pinatubo during the rainy season. It is too dangerous.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,464 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

As Banaue and the rest of the Cordillera Region is a big community then going there is an all year round thing specially to the residents, farmers and traders.

As for Mt. Pinatubo you can't go there if the tour operators don't want to go there.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,698 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

You still go to Banaue and you do not need a tour company to be your there.

Just hop into the bus and you will be there in 9 hours. Go to the tourism office in Banaue and they will find you a guide. Else you can contact my usual guide in Banaue Irene to bring you around for a fee.

BTW, PInatubo is out. Do not take the risk. You can spend almost 4 days in Ifugao trekking.

Edited: 18 September 2013, 00:37
Jacksonville, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

Did you ever make it Marc C.? This is (a year later) the time frame I will be there and really wanted to see Mt. Pinatubo

Manila
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
3,415 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

People have died trying to see Pinatubo during the rainy season. It really is not worth the risk!

Manila
Level Contributor
619 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

Pinatubo tour is open as long there's no typhoon or heavy rain that morning or the night before. I had experienced once (this was during summer with blue sky), we were about to hop on the 4x4 ride when the Tourism office received a call from the military that the tour is closed due to strong winds up in the mountain.

I suggest keep your itinerary open.

1st day - on the way for your pinatubo tour, you can call the tourism office in Sta. Juliana to check if the tour is open. If it's not, then go straight to Banaue and hope that Pinatubo tour is open on your last day.

Well known travel agencies that provide pinatubo tour don't provide during rainy season because it can be a hassle especially with seat-in-coach or public group tour.

Let say you're half way with the 4x4 ride to the crater and suddenly, the military radio all guide to turn back and touring is being closed. Tourist will demand refund but travel agent not able because 4x4 has been used and fuel being consumed!

Some travel agencies will not provide a private package tour but will offer private van transfer instead with notice that they are not liable if the tour is close when they get there.

NOTE: Those people who died up there ignored the warnings from the Tourism office!

7. Re: Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 09:06
8. Re: Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

9. Re: Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

10. Re: Mt. Pinatubo and Banaue Tours in October ?!?

Removed on: 15 September 2014, 09:35