We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florida bus Manila-Banaue

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
24 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Florida bus Manila-Banaue

Hi

just found info on facebook that Florida resume trips Manila- Banaue since 16/08/2013.

can any one confirm that?

I sent mail to Florida which address I found on facebook page and got notifcation that email can't be delivered, host not found..

https:/…199961173372920

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
31. Re: Florida bus Manila-Banaue

Hi everyone. I got the info that ohayami is not operating from Manila to Banaue right now. Could anyone confirm that? What other options do I have if I want to go to Banaue in 2nd half of March?

Assuming it is (hopefully) operating - do you think if will be possible to buy a ticket a few hours before the bus leaves? Or will it be all sold out?

Thanks in advance!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Florida bus Manila-Banaue

Luk,

May I know where did you get this info?

Chances is slim of getting a ticket fewchiurs before the ride.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Florida bus Manila-Banaue

Ohayami are still operating, unfortunately. Took the bus back from Banaue last night. It rammed into the back of a truck and smashed up the door. Lukcily no one was injured.

You can do it via Victory liner to Solano but then need two jeepneys to get to Banaue.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Florida bus Manila-Banaue

What?

Ohayami have an accident along the Banaue route?

If this will to continue, I guess we can only walk to Banaue soon!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Florida bus Manila-Banaue

Hi, thanks for the answers.

My information is wrong in that case - I've heard it from a friend that has friends in Manila :)

I've been trying to contact ohayami for quite a time, sending them e-mails and asking for reservation. But no answer so far. Do you know if there are other options to book tickets?

I've heard about Victory Liner, but I'm a little bit limited on time. I'm landing in Manila in the afternoon on 21.02. And on 23.02 in the morning I have another flight. So, I was hoping to get a night bus to Banaue, spent a whole day there, and return with another night bus to Manila. Do you think it would it be possible with another bus company?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Florida bus Manila-Banaue

Ohaiyami has the monopoly now. So no chance of another operator.

I think it is best you go down personally to buy the tickets and try your luck.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Florida bus Manila-Banaue

All right, I guess I'll do just that :) Thanks!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
38. Re: Florida bus Manila-Banaue

Hi lukwo,

last week I sent an email to Ohaiyami and they reply me with prices and timetables of buses and with payment method to use. So I sent them money via western union money transfer and they reply me that monday will send me the temporary tickets via mail.

When you write the email you have to put in the object "bank account number" and in the text just the following informations:

1_ name:

2_date of trip:

3_number of passenger:

4_destination:

They'll send you timetables of route and account number for the money transfer.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
39. Re: Florida bus Manila-Banaue

Hi,

Interesting, I did exactly the same and I got no reply. Which mail did you use?

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,940 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Florida bus Manila-Banaue

@ MH

Are you suggesting a different type of trek for Feb 2015? ;-) ;-)

@ Amcs

That is bad - brakes are a biggie on these roads - unfortunately bus drivers often forget this (and most passengers don't care - many would be happy if the driver went faster!). Interestingly the Ohayami accident you speak of has not made it into the main stream newspapers (perhaps it may be there in the local tabloids)

@ Minsi

Thanks for the useful info.

@ Luk

Minsi's info seems best as he / she has jsut used it.

Do see here - ohayamitrans.com/-reservation--booking-stati…

Also, unless you are traveling during peak time (holy week etc), you can usually get single tickets easily if you come to the Ohayami bus terminus about an hour earlier. If you come to the terminus at Lacosn ave at around 7 pm, you can buy the ticket, have dinner, and then return to the bus terminus to catch the bus. Remember to bring something to keep you warm - those buses get real cold at night.