We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banaue in a day

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Banaue in a day

Hi,

Is it possible to see the main sights of Banaue and Batad rice terraces in a day. Arrive on the early morning bus from Manila and depart same day on evening bus. Would like to stay overnight but due to time limits I have to see them in a day. Thanks

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banaue in a day

I saw the Taj Mahal in about 2 hours and have spent about 3 days in Batad doing nothing but being amazed so its perfectly possible. I would miss out the Banaue viewpoint but grab some breakfast and head for the Batad saddle. I haven't been there for years and you don't want to walk from the road up to the saddle unless you are seriously into hiking- so try and find out when there is a jeepney heading up there then a 40 min walk - fairly easy to Batad wander round to the waterfall - you should find out about arrangements for getting back but there are places you can sit down and get some food or if really exhausted from the night before a bed for a few hours in a backpackers place such as Ritas. It wont cost more than a few hundred pesos. It cost 50 pesos a night when I was last there but that was 10 years ago and you can just sit out and look at the terraces.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 16:59
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banaue in a day

You can do it if you hire a private transport and a guide.

I have done it. Crazy but worth it.

…wordpress.com/2011/…

Edited: 16 February 2014, 19:21
Banaue, Philippines
Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banaue in a day

you can visit Batad and Banaue view-point even Native village width in one day tour but you must take a private transport and guide to bring you around since you have a limited time.

Kent UK
Level Contributor
641 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Banaue in a day

Is it possible to hire a private guide/transport after we arrive or is it best to reserve before arrival?

Who do we contact?

Thanks

C

5. Re: Banaue in a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 11:29
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Banaue in a day

If you are referring a guide and transport to Banaue, I advice you not to. As Banaue is a mountainous area, the driver must be skilful and familiar with the route.

There is a FAQ in the Philippines main forum on guide and drivers recommendation.

Kent UK
Level Contributor
641 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Banaue in a day

We will find our own way to Banaue

The question is do reserve a guide/transport BEFORE we arrive or after arrival

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Banaue in a day

Arrival in where? Banaue or Manila?

Kent UK
Level Contributor
641 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Banaue in a day

Banaue!

Cheers

C

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Banaue in a day

Yes you can.

Once you reach Banaue, go to the Tourist Office.

They can arrange a licensed guide for you and te guide may be able to arrange for a private transport for you.