We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manila OR Singapore?????

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Manila OR Singapore?????

i am flying from manchester uk and want to know am i better getting a flight that changes at singapore or manila.i have had some bad reports about manila.

10 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,895 posts
1,993 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manila OR Singapore?????

I assume that you are going to Davao City as that is the forum you have chosen.

There are relatively infrequent flights from Singapore to Davao.For instance, SilkAir flies five days a week, with three of the northbound flights being direct but the other two via Cebu, while southbound, these flights are reversed.

If the timings of these flights do not suit, you may have to go via Manila NAIA which has a much greater frequency of flights. Depending on the airliens used, you may have to witch terminals so allow four hours or nore for any connection.

Edited: 09 September 2012, 06:11
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manila OR Singapore?????

Assuming you are just in transit, the new airport terminal in Manila is fine. Not terrible. Nothing to worry about.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manila OR Singapore?????

If you want comfort, Changi is the way to go but it has limited connections to Davao. Silkair is the only remaining airline that flies to Davao via Cebu on certain days.

Manila airport is not as comfortable as Changi but has many flights to Davao.

On a personal basis, I would choose Manila over Changi for this route.

As Sirenna has mentioned, it is only for transit only right?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manila OR Singapore?????

i will be in transit and have checked on the flights flying next febuary.it was my girlfriend who expressed her concerns about going via Manila she has had bad dealings with the customs being asked for money before they allow her to travel she is Phillipino by the way. im have checked out Singapore airlines and i can catch a good flight with a short connection time . thankyou for your advice on this matter

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,163 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manila OR Singapore?????

Changi Airport is even better than Manchester or Heathrow airports but for transit flights to Davao I would say that Manila is the way to go because of more options.

USA
Level Contributor
26 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manila OR Singapore?????

Your life will be much easier by going through Manila. Much better connections. If you are with her, you will have no problems in customs. I believe what she is referring to is problems with Immigration wanting money and the frequent use of "alligators" to get through their check point at the airport. Again, if you are with her and her papers are in order, there will be no problem.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manila OR Singapore?????

i will be on my own she is there waiting for me

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manila OR Singapore?????

No one has mentioned the checked-in luggage.

If ARIES57 is flying SG and has booked from Manchester to Davao then the layover time in Changi is just 50 mins and the luggage will go straight through from Manchester to Davao.

Much the best option in my opinion.

USA
Level Contributor
26 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manila OR Singapore?????

If you are on your own, you will have no problems at all.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manila OR Singapore?????

yes i agree i am now sure this is my best option .thanx for your advice

Reply to: Manila OR Singapore?????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Mindanao
More Mindanao Topics