We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local giudes to Tamaraw Falls

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Local giudes to Tamaraw Falls

..Hi all,

...I have a question ..Who is the best local guide to help me with sightseeing on my next trip?

...I will probably want to see the falls and the local indigenous people...I will only have a few days...in real life I run a very busy hospital clinic.

...is it too much to see Sabang,Whitye beach,Tamaraw falls and the local mountain people in 3 days.

..let me know what u think I might have to rethink my plans depending on the results.

..I also wanted to learn to dive.. nothing too complicated but I thought I would need at least a week for that(I might not have the time as I am headed to Boracay)

..as you can tell from this post I am a Type A personality

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local giudes to Tamaraw Falls

sorry for the spelling mistake...guide...lol

Rob

london
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Local giudes to Tamaraw Falls

You could do those four things in three days, My filipina wife and I stayed in Sabang for three days in Oct 2006 and we done two of the list easy and our Aussie neighbours at our seaside inn (Seashore,which I highly recommend) done the four you would like to do. When you arrive on the front at Sabang by banca boat your see lots of guides trying to sell you tours like the Tamaraw falls,White beach,etc. Our neighbours went with some of the girl guides to the falls and they said it was good, they even supplied food & drinks, we didn 't do that but next time we will. But I like jogging, which you cant do in Sabang, so another vendors choice is the boats salesmen and we hired a banca all day for a 1000 peso, to take us over to White Beach, well worth it, but please offer the boatman a bit of lunch, its suprising how many dont offer and its a good gesture. Diving, theres plenty of places and if you look on the net your find a good choice, just above Captain Greggs seems a good one,the tribal people you can sort out from White Beach, I did't do that but it is available, I've been home to the UK now 17 months and almost everyday I still think of Sabang, its lovely and quaint and the nightlife was so exciting! ENJOY THE PHILIPPINES

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local giudes to Tamaraw Falls

Phildale,

..thank you for the helpful advice..I do intend to go to White Beach also

..did you eat at Portofino?...I have heard it has an excellent review

...so nice to hear from someone who has been there and who obviously enjoyed it

...you meantioned that you liked the nightlife...any favorite place?

thanks once again for the feedback

Rob

london
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local giudes to Tamaraw Falls

Hi Rob

Sorry mate I forgot to come back on this thread and keep check and its now Jan 2009 and for the first time for ages just gone back onto PGForum, although you've probably been there now and I hope you had a fantastic time like us. I still think of Mindoro often and our trip in Sabang and White Beach. Hope to be there again next year, I really miss it and roll on 2010. Yes we ate at Portofino and its so nice eating under a shaded area overlooking the wonderful sights of beach/cliffs and talking to the lovely tourists and locals we met. In Sabang did you find Philippine disco/Broadway exciting like us? and theres another nightspot but the name I cant rememeber. We also liked the restaurant right next to where the boats dock on Sabang beach right opposite the floating bar, met quite a few girls from iloilo where the missus is from so that was nice. Did you do the Falls? we didn't but next time we will. Well Rob All the best and once again sorry for long delay, keep on enjoying the Phil, its interesting mate!

Ottawa,Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local giudes to Tamaraw Falls

phildale,

...thanks mate for the reply

..going back in June...have to be back in Pola Mindoro for the festival on June 24

..also have to go to Boracay,Palawan(San Vincente),Baguio and go meet Bossing Vic and the EB Babes ha ha

..yes the nightlife is fun at Puerto

...cant wait to have a beer on the floating bar

hope that your next trip is better than the last

..maybe someday I can buy you a beer

Rob

6. Re: Local giudes to Tamaraw Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Galera