We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

Which Puerto Galera hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

Hey guys

I’m looking at travelling to Puerto Galera in mid May this year and wanted some advice in the best areas to stay and some good budget hotel style accommodation. We will be there mainly to dive but I also want to be close to restaurants and bars Etc…. also can anyone give me an average price for good local food/drinks?

Cheers!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,387 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

What is cheap?

Here is a list of accomodation:

tripadora.com/2011/…

My choice would be White Beach. White Beach is nicer than Sabang but many tourists go to Sabang because of the adult entertainment. Also has better dining places. White Beach mainly caters for locals.

Tommo

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

Most Westerners diving get the ferry to Sabang. get off turn left and 50 metres along is Montani resort - one of the cheaper option. Walk straight on off the banka and hit the road and 20 metres turn right and keep on walking and you will hit the first 3 of the 5 euphamistically named 'Discos' where the 'dancers' ply their trade. keep on going and you get back to the beach and carry on and you leave Sabang and find yourself in Small La Laguna which has a nicer beach, some cheaper places with fan rooms and some smarter plces with good reviews, Deep Blue Sea , Portofino and keep on going past the big Korean occupied red Sn hotel anf you end up at Big La Laguna and at the end Swengland resort have some good offers. Big la laguna is the most picturesque and the good news is it is away from the nightlife but the bad news is it well away from the nightlife depending on how barfine tolerant you are. Beers are around 60 p on the floating bar , there are plenty of good restaurants but not cheap by 3rd world prices but for visitors from australia cheap ! as well as plenty of other all day and all night drinking establishments.

White Beach is the other side of PG and is more of a resort for Filipinos from Manila and in May it is the middle of the holiday season so will be crowded whereas in Sabang/La laguna it will be low season.

In May there will be no need to book in Sabang but if you do decide on montani you can always book a night - dump your bags and if you find somewhere more to your liking or decide to transfer to la laguna can do so at your leasure

Edited: 27 February 2014, 10:09
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

Yeah, White Beach is much nicer than Sabang. There's a place called Lucky Cafe & Restaurant on the main road away from White Beach next to the Palawan Pawn Shop which offers good Western & Filipino food at reasonable prices.

As for accommodation, I'd say the best hotels are in Aninuan and Talipanan but they're in a quieter area and not that close to bars & restaurants etc.

It might be a good idea to read the TA reviews on hotels in Puerto Galera to get a better picture of what you're after.

Chicago, Illinois...
Level Contributor
101 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

I'm Planning a similar stay at that time. I'm comming in from Chicago. I would be very interested in this information as well.

Malolos, Philippines
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

Recommending Tribal Hills & Resort:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294254-d228283…

It is a 5minute ride away from white beach, it is also near Aninuan Beach which is very serene and quiet.

One thing I don't know about is where to dive though, but yeah, you should check this. View is awesome.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

^^^ We stayed at Tribal Hills and it's a great place to stay.

Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

If you are diving then you want to be over the Sabang side - Sabang - Small la laguna or Big La Laguna as that is where the best dive sites are. .

http://www.divepuertogalera.com/dive-sites/

8. Re: Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 06:35
9. Re: Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 09:05
10. Re: Cheap but nice places to stay in Puerto Galera

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 09:05
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Galera
Recent Conversations