We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort in Palawan

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
225 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Which Resort in Palawan

Hello! We are thinking of going to Palawan late this year and wondering about previous traveler's experiences as to which area/resort gave them the best experience. We like low key resorts but with decent ammenities and activities. We don't like the smell of gas from jet skis and would appreciate more kayaking. Great beach and food/service a definite plus.

No need for super-high end Amanpulo. Choosing on the following unless there's others you know of (new): El Nido Miniloc, Club Noah, El Nido Lagen (too modern?), Club Paradise.

Thanks a bunch!

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort in Palawan

El Nido is fantastic. thats all i have to say. the price tag was definitely worth it. stayed at the lagen resort and though modern, still enjoyed it.

the sights of el nido was simply breathtaking. excellent service and decent buffet served 3x a day. if you love kayaking then you will definitely love el nido!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort in Palawan

El Nido miniloc would be perfect for you. If in the end you find difficulty choosing between Miniloc and Lagen, don't worry, even if you stay in (the cheaper) Miniloc resort you'll be able to visit, dine, and get to use facilities of Lagen as well as you can arrange for a day trip to Lagen. Ideally, you can have one of your breakfast there, and use Lagen as a base for some other activities for a day. And dont worry, it would cost any additional charges, not even for the boat.

That's what I like most about these Palawan resorts. Some people would say they are too expensive, but if you are the adventurous type who'd want to see and do a lot of things without wasting any precious time looking for what to do, who to talk to, haggling how much to pay, etc., a resort like El Nido (Miniloc or lagen) is perfect for you. They have a lot of activities each day for each guest. An activity coordinator will be assigned to you and help you plan a stress free vacation. All boat trips, island hoppings, buffet meals, an intro scuba or massage, kayaking, windsurfing lessons, fishing, cave visits, etc., are included in the per person charge! You would be only paying for drinks and souvenirs. Tips are not even accepted since it is discouraged.

And they've been pretty consistent from my very first visit to El Nido (the now closed Pangulasian resort) in the late 90's, my stays at Lagen in 2001 and 2004 I think, and to my December 2007 stay for the first time at Miniloc - the quality of service has remained top notch. And that's just for the service and facilities.

Add it up to the beautiful El Nido, and you'll realize early on it's all worth it!!!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Resort in Palawan

SORRY!!! One line should have read...

-------

And dont worry, it would NOT cost any additional charges, not even for the boat.

-------

Sorry about that! I always get so excited when answering Palawan questions. :)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
225 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Resort in Palawan

Wow! Thanks a lot for all the info. I am now looking into getting a "local" rate, if it exists. Our debate now is between going to El Nido or Bangkok/Angkor Wat. Yes, 2 different themes but not far from price. Have been to Bangkok before but I also hear so much about Angkor Wat.

Of course I would like to see El Nido and make a family vacation out of it as opposed to Angkor (kids can't go..too hot, difficult hiking, no beach). Any other experiences?

5. Re: Which Resort in Palawan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 11:19