We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palawan - Diving

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Palawan - Diving

Hi guys.

My wife and I will be going on a diving trip to the Philipines for our honeymoon.

We'll be spending most of our time on Palawan. My wife does not have her PADI yet, so we'll be doing that course.

Can anyone recommend a well regarded diving company? Is El Nido a good choice of locations to do the PADI, or should we do the PADI elsewhere, and then just go for random dives around El Nido.

Any thoughts on the whole activity would be welcomed. Thanks!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,161 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palawan - Diving

Where are you going aside from El Nido? SCUBA lessons are cheaper in Puerto Princesa than El Nido but the diving sites in El Nido are better.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,217 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palawan - Diving

Hi,

In El Nido, I spotted 3 dive shops -

Palawan Divers (link to their rates)

palawan-divers.org/en/…our-rates.html

Sea Dog Divers

http://www.seadogdivingpalawan.com/

and another on on the main drag called El Nido Diving (or something like that.

Palawn Divers is apparently an off shoot from Sea Dogs i.e the guy who runs it used to work for Sea Dogs. It has the most impressive shop, but is the more expensive.

We went for a 3 dive package (we are already qualified OW) with Sea Dogs (who are the longest running shop) and had a great day out. We paid 3,000 pesos (cash) including all equipment and lunch. On the day trip was a guy who had just done his OW with them and his diving technique was very good for a beginner. We have dived with worse more experienced divers.

Whether your wife qualifies there or elsewhere I would recommend diving South Miniloc (we swam through a very large shoal of yellow snapper) and North Rock (saw 3 octopus).

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palawan - Diving

Not exactly sure yet, we're only going for about 10 days, and want to relax and dive, so don;'t want to try and cram a lot of islands into the trip.

4. Re: Palawan - Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2012, 10:38