We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sabang to El Nido

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Sabang to El Nido

Can someone who has RECENTLY (in the last couple of months, because roadconditions change over the years) travelled this route overland advise me:

I would like to travel-overland- from Sabang to El Nido in 2 days. What is the best place to stay overnight (TayTay?) or is it easier to travel this route in 1 day....and how long will it take? Any advice on transport and accommodation is welcome.

Thanx

Rachèle

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sabang to El Nido

Hi Rachele,

Not what you asked for, but I doubt the roads have changed much since last year, as they are all hard surfaced, apart from the odd bit and the section from Tay Tay to El Nido.

Also no need to do it in 2 days, as it can be done in one. However a stop over in Tay Tay, to break the journey would be OK if you have the time. I would suggest the Casa Rosa Inn.

Here is my very LONG trip report, which will give you all the times and details you need.

Part 12: Sabang Day 4: Mangrove Tour + Getting To El Nido

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294255-i8273-k4…

Edited: 25 January 2012, 14:09
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sabang to El Nido

Hi Infoaddict,

Thanx for your reply. I already read all of your reports :) and enjoyed them very much and found them very helpfull indeed!

The only thing i'm wondering about is 'what if' we are to late to catch the ongoing bus? Are there more busses coming during the day, or jeepneys? I don't like the idea of getting stuck somewhere and with no opportunity to leave.

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sabang to El Nido

Hi,

I doubt you would miss the bus and I'm sure there will be another one later. Or at least there will be buses to Roxas, where you can then catch another bus to Tay Tay. So worse case is you'll have an adventure and end up in Tay Tay overnight, which was your original plan.

However there is also the Fort Wally van you could pre-book.. There appears to be one that leaves PP at 9.00 am, so you will definitely catch that one from the junction.

Take a look here for good travel info

elnidoboutiqueandartcafe.com/TravelCenter.ht…

Also have a read of this website for great information

travel-philippines.com/locations/palawan/3-s…

travel-philippines.com/locations/…taytay.htm

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sabang to El Nido

@Infoaddict,

Thanx again for the info!

5. Re: Sabang to El Nido

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2013, 09:37