We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Underground river age requirement?

hawaii
Level Contributor
30 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Underground river age requirement?

Does anyone know if there is a minimum age limit to take the underground river tour? My children are 6 months and 2 years old. Thank you!

Feel Paradise Travel & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, City Tours
El Nido Paradise
Sightseeing Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours
Buhay Isla
Multi-day Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
DIRK Travel and Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Hire, Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours, Day Trips
boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Underground river age requirement?

It is required to wear a hard hat, so yes, I'm guessing they will be too young. Why bring them anyway? They really aren't old enough to enjoy it.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Underground river age requirement?

sirenna, are you a mom yet?

We took our 1 yr old baby into the cave because no one will take care of her while we are away.

There was no restriction about bringing a baby in.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Underground river age requirement?

Ed..good question...parents perspective

Ed...did you have a life jacket for your cute baby who gets her looks from her mom I bet :-)

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Underground river age requirement?

No she didn't have. And even those life-saving devices being doled out seem to be ill-fitting and will be a problem if the untoward happen.

But its true & at some point I will agree with sirenna.

There is nothing to enjoy inside the cave with underground river for a baby (or even to some some adults, like most of us). Its not like going to rides or themed park.

Looking back, what was exciting (to me) was the anticipation of going to the UGRiver, the overnight stay with Taraw Hotel in Sabang Beach & the 2.5hrs trek along the Monkey Trail with my kids (the 4 baby girls, 1, 2, 7 & 9, has to be taken by their other grandparent on a boat ride to the River entrance). Enjoyable also is the 20 minute boat ride back to Sabang from the River

The supposed to be highlight of the trip is nothing spectacular. Dark, damp and even have me wondering why even I'm sitting there. It can be ommitted & the trip could still be exciting.

But parents would always take their kids. That's the part I can't explain why & that's what trigger the question (to sirenna).

hawaii
Level Contributor
30 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Underground river age requirement?

Thank you so much for the information! Yes, we won't have anyone to watch our children if we took the tour and I thought it sounded exciting for the 2 year old to go into a cave but the hotel said he wouldn't be allowed. Couldn't find any firm info on that online so came here. Thanks!

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Underground river age requirement?

I'm sorry to spoil your day, but according to the Underground River website "Children two years old and below will not be allowed for the UR tour".

www.puerto-undergroundriver.com/tourism/

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Underground river age requirement?

Ed, why the 'yet'? No, I'm not interested in adding to the overpopulation of the planet. I'm a step mum though. :) And I do understand people being nervous to leave their sprogs with strangers. Though the hotel probably does or could arrange a babysitting service.

hawaii
Level Contributor
30 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Underground river age requirement?

Oh that is too bad!! Thank you for the link Vetus. And I was so hopeful... Maybe they recently changed the requirements. Ed, you are lucky your baby was able to go!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Underground river age requirement?

Are people on the tour still required to wear hard hats?

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
1,525 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Underground river age requirement?

Yes, even the President, but I think they gave him a nice, clean, new one!