We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surfing Palawan???

Munich, Germany
3 posts
Save Topic
surfing Palawan???

Hi everybody.

Surfing in Palawan???

I am planning to go to palawan to explore surfbeaches next year around January Feb. March.

Does anybody have some informations or advise for me about surfing in Palawan and where to find waves in there.

It is very hard to get information about surfing in Palawan, but i am sure that there are waves.

I would realy appreciate if anybody can help me.....

Andre

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: surfing Palawan???

Sole,

Next time remember to extend your Teletubie antenna more!

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,093 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: surfing Palawan???

Hehe. I know I should pay more attention with these things...

Puerto Princesa
Level Contributor
74 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: surfing Palawan???

In Palawan, the only beach I know where you might be able to surf is NAGTABON BEACH on the west coast.

But you need a SW'ly swell.

Regards

Joel from Balay Tuko

1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: surfing Palawan???

Hey Andre! Did you get to surf in Palawan? I went to Siargao last year and I am as sure as you that you can find also waves in Palawan. Can you explain me you experience please? Thank you! Hope you really enjoyed it!

Palm Springs...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: surfing Palawan???

Thanks for the info people ,we are headed to Palawan DEC 1014 and wanted some good info ON THE SWELL DIRRECTION AND WIND ,

Palm Springs...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: surfing Palawan???

looking for sand break not to big for my wife ,who has never boogie boarded and myself ,surfed lots in so can in my youth .

Tournai, Belgium
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: surfing Palawan???

If you are coming in Puerto Princesa, then the only spot for surfing on long boards is Nagtabon Beach.

It is 32 kms away from PPS on the west coast.

The best time is during SW Moonsoon of course.

If you come in December then the Amihan is already blowing (NE moonson) but we never know if you get a tropical depression or the last typhoon of the year then you can get good waves.

A few people are going there to play with skimboards at low tide.

See http://typhoon2000.ph

Brisbane, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: surfing Palawan???

Hi All,

I'm also planning on coming over to Palawan, with a view to diving mostly with my girlfriend but am planning to bring my board anyway. Andrebrumm did you manage to find some waves on your trip?

Anyone else got some pearls of wisdom for surf here? Did anyone manage to confirm the talk about Culion Island?

I'm headed over in Decemeber, so I'll you know how it goes. I am hopeful as I've surfed N. tip of Borneo and there are waves there in NE Monsoon, in fact they are usually better ground swell waves than the wind swell you get in the SW monsoon. Still, SW monsoon can bring some good ones.

Let's keep the thread alive ;)

Dan

Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: surfing Palawan???

Hello there i grow up in culion. Mostly we got big waves if its season of two kinds of monsoon. But i can advice you try better a good waves in that season i think december start already try in ocam-ocam beach busuanga palawan front of china sea that have small cottages just for 600pesos a day 14dollar but the food what available there only that coz they just improving the place. long white beach.to go there you can rent a van from coron town to there or rent a bike from coron take 2 1/2 hour driving. if its all about big waves that a part scary big waves. In Culion i heard a lot people we got big waves in part name dikabayutot island but if its big wave it is hard to rent boat to go there coz of the waves and there is no cottages or resort there just people that live there.just check it out the monsoon better b4 u go here in palawan...no one disvovered yet but im sure plenty places here can surf.

Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: surfing Palawan???

Hello there Mostly Culion got big waves if its season of two kinds of monsoon. But i can advice you try better a good waves in that season i think december start already try in ocam-ocam beach busuanga palawan front of china sea that have small cottages just for 600pesos a day 14dollar but the food what available there only that coz they just improving the place. long white beach.to go there you can rent a van from coron town to there or rent a bike from coron take 2 1/2 hour driving. if its all about big waves that a part scary big waves. In Culion i heard a lot people got big waves in part name dikabayutot island but if its big wave it is hard to rent boat to go there coz of the waves and there is no cottages or resort there just people that live there.just check it out the monsoon better b4 u go here in palawan...no one disvovered yet but im sure plenty places here can surf.