We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Several day trip from El Nido / Port Barton etc.?

Cologne, Germany
6 posts
Save Topic
Several day trip from El Nido / Port Barton etc.?

Hi everybody,

does anyone have an idea about tours for several days leaving from Puerto Barton or El Nido? Tao seems to be very expensive and I don't really wanna head up to Coron. I Found this here: tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g294256-d5… - company called Nativ Exploration - but reviews are not many and besides that just a FB group exists. I wrote them an email for further infos, but no answer so far.

So if anyone has any other ideas please let me know!

Another option might be to organize something like that ourselfs once we're there, but that might be very expensive?! Or am I wrong?

Thank you in advance for any infos!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Several day trip from El Nido / Port Barton etc.?

I dont understand you wanting to get away from these beautiful places for several days,unless you want to do scuba diving at Tubbataha Reef.

Cologne, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Several day trip from El Nido / Port Barton etc.?

Okay, sorry about any confusion... I'm not keen to really get away from the area - It's more that I would like to spent some nights on small islands and beaches in the area. So not just one day island hopping, but rather 2-4 days in a row with camping on beaches etc.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Several day trip from El Nido / Port Barton etc.?

Check the road condition first if you are going to Port Barton.I would just go to El Nido from Puerto Princesa(Spend the night there )It might be best to book ahead to get a seat,It will take most of a day to get there,there are plenty of beaches to choose from around El Nido.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Several day trip from El Nido / Port Barton etc.?

Hi , i thought from you private message to me that you was going to do the Thelma & Toby Island Camping Adventure that my family is doing for 4 nights in april.

Not sure how many days you have in Palawan, but i found while arranging our itinerary (10 nights) that it was best for us to find 2 distinct areas that we liked, and just book into one accom place in each area and do daily island hopping trips from those places.

We chose the Camping Adventure firstly because we loved that idea, and the reviews were 100% positive, and it happened to be right in the middle of the Port Barton / San Vicente area, so we are able to have 3 full days between arriving and leaving to go to all the beautiful islands between port barton and san vicente in Toby's banca, go fishing in his rubber duckie boat, and free use of his kayaks and snorkling gear.

Then we do 4 nights in El Nido staying at the Buena's Haven Travelodge at corong corong, doing 2 full day island hopping trips with one day between those to just chill out and hire a vehicle and driver to take us up to Nacpan beach, apparently there are waterfalls and hot springs on the way there, and Nacpan beach apparently is awesome.

Its nice to have one central place to return to each day if there are too many places to visit in just 1 or 2 days.

Cheers

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Several day trip from El Nido / Port Barton etc.?

@ Hubert

1) You will need to bring your own tent - the tour agencies in El Nido are not geared for camping.

2) You can ask Midnight tours at El Nido (Pastor Ilde) to arrange this off El Nido, however, be prepared for some shocking prices for the boat trip + food (invariably you end up spending about 4-5000 pesos per day) The islands do not have any facilities - so be prepped to use nature for nature's call, and bring along lots of water, and of course food

3) I highly recommend simply taking a trip to Cacnipa island - off Port Barton instead - native cottages (solar powered), just 1 resort, very very peaceful, beautiful beach, no other habitation on the island (it has a hill which you can try trekking up - but do note, it is tougher trekking here than say Apo island) and excellent snorkelling / colourful reefs (just off the beach) , surprisingly good and reasonably priced food. Stay there for a few days instead.

More info here -

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294256-i9213-k672…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1370797-d…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1370797-d20392…

4) Other parts of Phils are far better geared for exploring islands and Stygian overnight on them in a tent. One such is 100 islands (Alaminos) which I did camp overnight at . The local tourism kiosk arranges for your tent / pillows / mattress for less than 500 pesos + 200 pesos camping fee and the boat man for 1000 pesos per day, you can bring food along for 500 pesos per day - the boat man will grill it if you wish, and will return back to his house, if you would prefer to spend the night in peace... unlike El Nido where the boat man will stay with you overnight).

More info here -

…blogspot.com/2005/03/romulo-island-hundred-…

journeyingjames.com/2012/…

asensopangasinan.com/hundred-islands-service…

Cologne, Germany
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Several day trip from El Nido / Port Barton etc.?

thanks a lot everybody. we decided to go to cacnipa for a few days. thanks for the recommendation Youliveonly once! Rates for individually organized trips seems to be outrageous indeed!

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Several day trip from El Nido / Port Barton etc.?

@ Hubertus

You are welcome. Have a great time.

2 small pieces of advice -

1) Try staying at Cacnipa island for a longer time - this was my only regret when I came there. I could easily have stayed there for a week without getting bored.

2) For Cacnipa and most of Palawan (except PP) - DO bring a flash light - preferably rechargeable - with you - to use at night - it becomes pitch dark after the lights go off at around 9 pm (just to walk after 9 pm - the places are close by, but if you have a flashlight, you can walk to the beach and sit there after the lights go off. This is also useful to find the light switch in your cottage!).

8. Re: Several day trip from El Nido / Port Barton etc.?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 07:18