We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Only 2 Full Days

Santa Clara, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Only 2 Full Days

We only have 2 full days in Palawan and want to do the Underground River. From what I am reading, we don't have time for either Coron or El Nido. Anyone have suggestions on what else to do? We want to island hopping but sounds like El Nido or Coron is the place to do this. Where should we stay? Thanks in advance.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,387 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Only 2 Full Days

If you have only 2 days you will spend 1 day doing the UR. I suggest onnthe other day you do the Island Hopping in Honda Bay but it has nowhere near the beauty of El Nido or Coron.

There are lots of gooid places to stay in PP but it depends on your budget. Check the hotel reviews above and you can filter by price.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Only 2 Full Days

2 days?

In that case, better stay in PP and just do the UR tour. If your flight is on the 2nd day afternoon, you can forget about going to the UR.

Forget about El Nido and Coron.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Only 2 Full Days

Hi, when you say you have 2 days, do you mean that you fly into PP one day and fly out again the next day, because if this is the case, then Mousehunt is right, you could never be able to do the UGR, simply because you need to pre-purchase your tickets because of the limited number of tourists allowed in there each day, plus the daily Tours from PP depart very early going to Sabang, and do not get back to PP until late afternoon.

You need at least 2 nights in PP with one full day in between to do that Tour.

If you do have 2 nights, then book your UGR tour with your accommodation so as not to miss out.

Cheers

Edited: 08 August 2014, 09:33
Santa Clara, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Only 2 Full Days

2 Full Days means: We arrive early evening of Day 1, have Day 2 and Day 3, and leave morning of Day 3.

We were planning on doing the UR early on Day 2. As for the hotel, I don't see anything in the Puerto Princessa area that stands out. Our budget is $100 - $200 per night but will spend a little more for something really nice.

Is it possible to do UR then travel to El Nido for island hopping on Day 3 and make it back in time for our flight on Day 4? I don't think so but from the reviews EN is way better than PP.

Thanks.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 18:19
Santa Clara, CA
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Only 2 Full Days

Here is our latest plan:

Day 1 - Arrive and stay at Sheridan in Sabang.

Day 2 - Underground River.

Option 1 - Stay at the Sheridan (Is this good for Island hopping?)

Option 2 - Stay at Dos Palmas (Is this good for Island hopping?)

Option 3 - Stay at Floral Villarosa Pool and Island hop Honda Bay

Day 3 - Island Hopping

Day 4 - Leave

Thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,387 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Only 2 Full Days

Dos Palmas is a lovely resort but wont be convenient for the UR. The Island Hopping there will be priced at resort rates

Sheridan is lovely and you can walk to the UR from there.

I would be inclined to base myself in PP as your hotel can organise the UR and its convenient for the Island Hopping.

Also gives you a chance to try the great Kaluis Restaurant in PP. Pre-book via email as they are always full...at least everytime I dined there.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,705 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Only 2 Full Days

Firefly tour in PP is recommended by me.

One of the best firefly tour I have ever visited.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Only 2 Full Days

Blue Lagoon Inn at PP is brilliant, we had 2 nights there before going back to manila, $80au per night for a villa deluxe (2 double beds) right next to the pool, close to the centre of town and the airport.

$60au for a villa standard next to the pool (1 double bed)

Beautiful resturant and food, and free shuttle to and from airport, and they offer all the usual UGR and Honda Bay trips, trikes, whatever you want, all available from the front desk.

http://www.bluelagoon.com.ph/

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g294257-d357…

If you want to see a 17 minute video of the resort that i shot while we was there, including a tour around the whole resort, its the last video on page 8 in the following link.

vimeopro.com/user15365810/palawan-mindoro-20…

Cheers

Edited: 09 August 2014, 09:07
9. Re: Only 2 Full Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:17