We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Princesa to Lagen Island

manila
3 posts
Save Topic
Puerto Princesa to Lagen Island

How long does it take to travel from puerto princesa to lagen islands specifically El nido....what is the easiest and comfortable transportation mode to get there. Thanks for the help

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Princesa to Lagen Island

Unless there is someone who has a better idea, in my opinion, the easiest, fastest and MOST comfortable way to travel between these two places is via Manila. Expensive though.

I remember the first time we went to Palawan (Puerto Princesa), we wondered where we could see those limestone cliffs and the beautiful bay and lagoons as pictured in those Philippine Airlines posters of the 90's. We were told that the ones in the pictures is El Nido, several hours by alternating land (with portions of rough road), and boat (not ferry boats but those outrigger bancas) transfers. I remember getting tired just hearing the details of the travel, it was so discouraging. Plus of course we were travelling with our parents and we wouldnt want them to experience the ordeal. Maybe if we were travelling with friends and backpackers, we would consider the option and rough it out.

It was after several years that we tried the packages of the El Nido resorts and discovered the real beauty of the Philippines. We've stayed at El Nido Lagen and El Nido Miniloc resorts (and also at the closed Pangulasian island) and have come back again and again. It's expensive, but nothing beats flying out from the private hangar in Manila. Since then, we started on going on separate Palawan vacations - one resort island per trip. After the big resorts in El Nido, it was Club Noah, then Club Paradise, then Dos Palmas. We've done most resorts more than twice, except for Club Paradise :( . This Christmas, its Dos Palmas again for us.

So if you have the budget, you might consider flying first flight out of Puerto Princesa to Manila and catching the afternoon flight out to El Nido. I would.

2. Re: Puerto Princesa to Lagen Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 19:20