We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

white sand in el nido?

singapore
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Topic
white sand in el nido?

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me if there is white sand on El Nido ie El Nido beach hotel or Miniloc for that matter?

Thank you

Bohol Island...
Level Contributor
181 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: white sand in el nido?

when U do island hopping in El Nido, most of the islands would have white sand.

The Miniloc and Lagen island resorts have other islands (owned by them) that you can explore if you check in at their resorts, just email them to verify if they have separate charge for taking you to their private islands. there was an island owned by the Miniloc resort that I have been to and it was really nice, powder white sand, just like in Boracay but minus the big crowd :-)

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: white sand in el nido?

all the islands have stunning white sand beaches and crystal clear water. it is paradise. it's like it's untouched and you are the first to go there...the sand in el nido town is fine also, but probably better on the outer islands...

singapore
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: white sand in el nido?

great! thank you so much, this more or less confirms my trip to El Nido. Finally, a destination more stunning than Boracay.

I was a little hesitant staying at the El Nido town's hotels, but budget does not make way for staying at Miniloc.

Would any of you be able to advise on whether Marina resort or El Nido Beach Hotel is better? I was wondering about Marina's villas, how expensive is their room?

Also, do you think July is ok to travel?

Kind regards,

Jill

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: white sand in el nido?

Jill

from my point of view accommodation does not matter so much in el nido. you spend most your days out on the islands anyway. most the cottages in el nido bay line the beach front and are pretty basic, and there are plenty of others around the town if the beachfront is booked. i stayed in the "Island Front Cottages", on Carong beach (i think this is the name of the beach) 5 mins out of the town and it was amazing. this beach gets the sunset while the town does not, and you can do your tours from here also. either way, the town is also great. Tour A goes past the Miniloc resort, i was not jealous that i was staying in el nido town for the value compared to the resort which i'm sure is amazing also. you cannot compare to boracay, they are different.....el nido is untouched and breathtaking

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: white sand in el nido?

Jill

I meant to say "rosanna's Cottages" on the beachfront of El Nido town always gets good reviews. they were full when i was there but i had a look and they looked very nice, and cheap. around 1500 a night and right on the beachfront...i'm not too sure about the other two...

enjoy

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,060 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: white sand in el nido?

The nearby Pangalusian Island has white sand. Guests of El Nido Resorts are usually taken to this island.

singapore
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: white sand in el nido?

Hi CrgAust,

Thank you for your helpful feedback. How is snorkelling around the other islands? I read in coron one can see manta rays and hawksbill turtles a few meters from the shoreline.

May I know where to find the reviews on Rosanna's and the place you stayed at? Cant seem to look the hotels up on tripadvisor.

Kind regards

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: white sand in el nido?

i will put up my review and photos of Island Front in a few days but in the meantime there is one review tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294256-d159268…

i believe July is the wet season and there may be issues with the road from PP to El Nido as half of it is unpaved, and i can picture it being in pretty bad shape when wet. as i went in March there were no such issues. i would read more on the forum about this as july may not be the best time but am not sure...

for snorkeling, my fav spot was just off Pangulasian Island, i dont think you're allowed on the island unless you stay at Miniloc resort, however they anchor the boat off the island so you can snorkel. magnificent sandy sea bed with large corals jetting out and crystal blue water. i didn't see any Rays or anything unusual but it was great all the same...i did not go to coron so can't help you there

for rosannas i found this site...looks like you can chat with them directly but the site isnt finished http://rosannas.multiply.com/

if you want to see some videos on el nido, you can see mine on youtube at www.youtube.com/travelsessions

singapore
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: white sand in el nido?

I saw your videos on the islands, gosh the waters look clear and gorgeous.

Did you try arranging for an island dinner after dusk?

While I was in youtube I looked up some El Nido snorkelling vids, and was a little disappointed as to the number of fish I saw, but I guess each country has it's pros and cons, Phuket has a bigger variety of fish in the water.

BUT! i shall try Pangulasian as you mentioned. Did you happen to visit Matinloc island too for snorkel?

I saw on the map what looks like Malapscua Island (or spelt similarly), but I thought Malapscua was in Coron.

I took a look at the links you wrote, thank you, it is so kind of you!

both rosanna's and the Island Front cottage look gorgeous!!! At Island Front, did you have many boats docking at the beachfront?

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: white sand in el nido?

Hi Jilly

glad you liked the videos...i think i read on another post from 'ExotictravelBug' that the snorkeling is not all that great compared to other areas and countries, i probably have to agree with her. i thought there'd be more types of fish and more in general. for me, it was just being out in the water in such a remote place that was amazing, the clear water, the islands etc..but yes, i'd have to admit there's be much better snorkeling in other places...i'm not sure why as i didn't see too many fishing boats or anything..

i didn't try arranging an island dinner but anything can be done for a price, but i did go fishing one day and the 'island front' cottage cooked up the fish for us that we caught and we ate it on the beach at dusk...we did see some boats coming in late when it was dark so maybe it can be arranged..

Malapascua Island is off the coast of Cebu, so is not close to palawan. Pangulasian is part of one of the tours, Tour B i believe so you will definitely get to snorkel there. only guests of the resort can actually go to the island though i think.

Island front has a very shallow beach so all the boats dock about 50m off shore, so you walk out to them through the shallow water to hop on...it's a very peaceful place...

any other questions, fire away or send me a message...

Get answers to your questions about El Nido