We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

Which El Nido hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

Hi, everybody,

I understand no way to get from El Nido to Puerto Princesa in the morning by public transport - to catch the flight at 12:30 pm to Cebu?

So I have to spend an overnight in PP?

--------

If after El Nido I stay in Sabang for 1 night - is there any public transport in Sabang from Sabang to PP in the morning?

Would be grateful for any of your comments.

Philippines
Level Contributor
279 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

Yes, you have to spend a night in Puerto Princesa because there is no afternoon public transport to El Nido. The trip will take about 5hrs and the vans normally depart San Jose terminal at around 8am. Come earlier.

Sabang is 2hr drive away from Puerto Princesa. Jeeps are available from Sabang.

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

the vans leave el nido early in the morning, around 7am for PP but that would be cutting it too fine if you have a flight out of PP at 12:30pm. maybe you can find a later flight, or maybe find a afternoon van from el nido the day before and you'd have to stay overnight in PP...not sure about Sabang

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

Hi,

Fort Walley (I think) had a van leaving El Nido at 5.00am when we were there in December (but we caught the 7.00am one). You could always email Evelyn at Fort Wally and ask her the departure times and prices

fortwallytransport@yahoo.com

From Sabang the first jeepney departs at 7.00 am or when full. When we left it departed at 7:10 am.

From San Jose terminal to Sabang it took us 3 hours on the bus (not recommended) and coming back the jeepney took 1hours 20 minutes to Salvacion Junction.

Getting to Sabang from El Nido by bus or van or jeepney will not be easy thing to achieve unless you can catch the 5.00am transport, which kind of negates going.

If you want to visit Sabang (well recommended) then go before El Nido as this is an easier route.

IMHO I would say stay overnight in PP to be on the safe side, you don't want to miss your flight

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

Other frequently asked questions:

- Can i get in 1 day from El Nido to Sabang by bus? Yes, if you take the Van at 7am or the 5am bus, get off in Salvation junction, 1 hr. before Puerto and wait for a jeepney coming from Puerto going to Sabang. It's a long journey. Check first if there is a regular boat going or in good weather you can hire a boat.

www.elnidoboutiqueandartcafe.com/faq.html

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

Hi,

Edwinc - you helped a lot in the planning of our holiday, but I would disagree with you about getting to Sabang by catching the 7.00 am van.

At best this wouldn't get to Salvacion Junction until say 11.30 and by then all the jeepneys and the bus from PP, would have passed by.

Also I should correct my original post, as I think it is only the Eulen Joy bus which departs at 5.00 am, as you say.

alkhobar
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

infoaddict,

we are here to offer suggestions. if my posting is inaccurate, i am happy to be corrected. thank you!

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

Going in the other direction, I arrive in PP at 1645, but want to go straight up to El Nido from the airport. If there is no public transport, does anyone knwo of any private transfers I could arrange and a rough idea of cost?

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

Hi,

Not sure private vans would travel to El Nido at that time as it will mean driving in the dark. But normally I think a private van costs somewhere in the region of 7 to 8,000 pesos upwards.

It would be far cheaper to stay in PP overnight.

scotland
Level Contributor
241 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

Thanks, cost isn't really the driving factor, time is. I contacted Fort Wally and they recommended hiring a car! Don't think I'll be driving!

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,140 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: From El Nido to PP early in the morning possible?

Hi,

Glad you got sorted out - Evelyn at Fort Walley is quite helpful.

Would you care to say how much they have quoted for a car and driver up to El Nido, as it may be of help to other travelers.

If you want any help on things in El Nido, put up a separate post and I'll try and help if I can, as we stayed for 2 weeks